No announcement yet.

Product Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=leehack;295861i've been asked at least 30 times how to do bullet points as there is no button on the interface.QUOTE]

Lee, do you mean the bullet points that Microsoft Word 1979 Beta II had?
    Thanks in advance for any remarks

Dan

www.toolman.co.uk
    www.joblottools.co.uk
    www.toolmanonline.co.uk
    www.quality-tools.co.uk

Comment

Additional

Originally posted by cbarling View Post
      A year ago, the biggest request, on numerous posts, was for a more stable Actinic and that's the direction that we have followed.

The end result of this has been that features have been slower to be introduced than many of us would have hoped. I think that this is what's given the impression of Actinic not being interested in wish list items. I can assure you that this isn't the case at all.
      Chris you mention ONE suggestion you've took on board in the past, at the last count... there is 552 unique threads on here, let alone the "I aggree to that!!!" replies on those threads!
      Maybe actinic need a "[pay for] plug in" ears?? nooo, they could programme that in 2 mins flat.. maybe's there an app for that?

Dan

www.toolman.co.uk
      www.joblottools.co.uk
      www.toolmanonline.co.uk
      www.quality-tools.co.uk

Comment

Bruce is being honest in saying in effect that we will direct our development effort to other areas that are being requested, rather than one where there will be two good solutions with v10 already
        Sorry, Chris. I 100% disagree on this.

Feefo is nowhere close to being a good solution for product reviews. You know this and anyone who pretends otherwise is severly misguided. Service reviews yes, products reviews no.

The plug in from codepath isn't bad but really only does half of what it should do. Add in that the content is coming from codepath's site (try clicking a 'read reviews' link) rather than your own website and you'll see that this is also far from a good solution.

A proper Product review system is probably the number one thing missing from actinic and for Actinic to sit there and pretend it's happy with the current options we have is:

a) Shabby.
        b) Ignoring the feedback you're getting from users.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally Posted by cbarling
          A year ago, the biggest request, on numerous posts, was for a more stable Actinic
          I am slightly stunned at this, surely you dont need your userbase to request a stable product in order for you to do it. Stability should not be considered a wishlist item, it is fundamental to the product.

I accept that the level of staffing = costs thus means certain things have to be shelved but it is a shame that V8/9 has caused a backward step in development v new features.

For me one of the issues Actinic has to address is the ever growning list of competitor products and what they can offer. Actinic has been around for longer than most of the newer popular carts, I can name several popular carts from 5-8 years ago that are no longer around, but its a different world out there now.

5-8 years ago i would evaluate the competition and generally still choose Actinic, thats not always the case now.

Comment

Originally posted by toolman.co.uk View Post
            Lee, do you mean the bullet points that Microsoft Word 1979 Beta II had?
            Think he meant the round-tipped chisel.

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

So what are the competitors doing? Listening to their customers ideas and thinking: I'll tell you what, we could do that and entice more customers, make their life easier? Instead of actinics lets add another variable option or this feefo thing and call it V10 and charge £X a year 'free upgrade' fee or the £XK for new subscribers. Bonza!

I hope Im in the right furum catogory this time, I was last time [indirectly], but got deleted.

Any sales this weekend could pay for a plug in called "Your £XK wasn't enough, lets have some more"

Dan

www.toolman.co.uk
              www.joblottools.co.uk
              www.toolmanonline.co.uk
              www.quality-tools.co.uk

Comment

there is 552 unique threads on here
                Which is exactly why we cannot guarantee to respond to every thread! That's just PART of our wish list - we get other requests by other routes as well.

Just because we haven't responded, that doesn't mean we haven't read and thought about them. It just means we're a bit overwhelmed. Sorry if you don't believe that, but if the figures don't speak for themselves, I genuinely don't know what I can say about it.

Personally I would like to make the wish list more transparent and responsive for you, and more manageable for us, but making that happen is a job and a half. ATM we are very focused on v10. So please lay off a bit and give us some breathing space, and I will take it as a personal responsibility to follow up.

TIA

Bruce
                Bruce Townsend
                Ecommerce Product Manager
                Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
                X