Abandoned Carts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abandoned Carts

I'm sure many of us would like to know how many carts were being abandoned, how far they got through checkout and what items were in them at the time.

This could quite easily be added. All that's needed is to change the script that deletes old session files so that it copies them over to an 'abandoned' directory first. These hold all the information that's needed and could be looked through later or procesed by an excel macro.

In use it probably needs to be an option and have a limit for the number of files / days it keeps them for (which does make it more complicated).

Still, it would be useful functionality. Someone who knows what they're doing* could produce a basic version very easily.

Mike

* This means I could probably do it myself, but it would take me a lot of time and effort I don't have right now.

PS. This sounds familiar but I can't for the life of me find a similar post. I have looked.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Ok. For anyone wanting to do this themselves. An even easier version of this would just rename the expired session files (carts) rather than deleting them.

The code is in session.pm. You'll find this in a subroutine called ClearOldFiles

unlink ($sFilePath); # if we got here, the file is a cart and is old, remove it
    Changing it to this ought to work, but hasn't been tested.

rename ($sFilePath, "$sFilepath"."OLD"); # add OLD extension to abandoned cart
    If you want to try this, backup the old file before testing. Session.pm controls everything to do with session files so I'd suggest placing a test order after making the change.

Mike

Or. Even easier. Just comment out the line with a # and let the old session files build up on the server. Be sure to keep them under control and ftp or copy them to another location every now and then.

Comment

Abandoned Carts.

Those £1 lock thingys seem to have made a difference.
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
        Abandoned Carts.

PMSL I re-read that 3 times before the penny dropped (Rich you effing idiot LOL)

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Do you think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8O3KCHA6m-I

Mike

Comment

Working...
          X