Site Search Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site Search Improvement

Please could you change the way site search works so that a search on a particular product brings up that product first, rather than products that have the same word in their description.

eg we have a product called an EGG, if you search on EGG, that product comes up no. 6 after kitchen composter, and 2 desk tidies, apart from other things - most of which have nothing to do with it.

This will mean lost sales!

So please make the search look at the short description first and other text after, not the other way round.

Thanks!
    Nigel
    Actinic user with history
    www.nigelsecostore.com

Agreed.

I think an improved search facility is due. People are used to using decent search functionality now and expect the results to be properly ranked in order of relevance.

The other thing I'd like to see is:

- Resulting pages not being parsed via cgi-bin scripts. The SERPS page can highlight the found keywords but there's no need to highlight them when you click through to the product page.

- The ability to produce popular search pages that are indexable . Maplin somehow do this and get these pages indexed in Google. In principle a search page for 'widgets' should rank well in Google for 'widgets' as long as it has a unique filename and some link love (maybe just a link to it in the site map).

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I have a lot of products that are easy to mis-spell, so an auto-prompting search is something I'd be keen on (working on product names only).

Comment

One for me too please

Army Gore-tex
        Winter Climbing Mitts
        webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
        Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Working...
        X