Email Attachments & Emails in HTML format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Email Attachments & Emails in HTML format

There have been a few requests for this over the years. I just want to make the request formal as it would be a useful feature.

What's needed is a way to include an attachment with emails sent from Actinic. Typical examples might be:

- An invoice in pdf.
    - A terms and conditions pdf
    - A document form for returns / goods not arriving / sending gifts to multiple different locations / etc.

I'm sure there are plenty of other things people would use this for.

The feature shouldn't be too hard to add:

- A menu to choose the file,
    - Upload the file to the server at the same time as the email content
    - A modified email script to add the attachment and delete the file once sent.

This would be a very useful feature to have and make these kind of tasks much easier to do without having to leave the actinic interface.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

+1 for me, especially the T&C's. No cost to send and you've satisfied the regs by sending them out (as I understand). Email is going to need to go html also at some stage, this is becoming an ever more important area in ecommerce.

Comment

Another vote from me. HTML emails with PDF invoices attachments would be a very nice addition.
      Darren Guppy
      Golf Tee Warehouse
      Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Agreed, add my vote!
        Paul
        Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

I'd like to add a couple of things to the requirements:

1. HTML as suggested by Lee.
          2. the ability to specify a default attachment to each email type. For example the T+Cs pdf to all 'order shipped' emails.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

We do have a spec for switching to HTML format emails, but it's not a small task and it hasn't yet made it into the development pipeline. The approach to design would be the same as for the web pages, and ideally we would incorporate some basic email newsletter management as well. But unfortunately I can't say if or when it will see the light of day.

The request to support attachments is on our wish list.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Gets my vote too.
              Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
              www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

ANother vote for this.
                Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Hmmm... HTML email sending capability has been in Actinic since V4 in 2000 and identical code is still in V9.

If anyone want to tinker the relevant line in ACTINIC.pm is:
                  Code:
                  return(SendRichMail($sSmtpServer, $sEmailAddress, $sSubjectText, $sMessageText, "", $sReturnAddress));
                  Variable $sMessageText is the plain text version and "" isthe HTML version of the message.

Amending these to:
                  Code:
                  return(SendRichMail($sSmtpServer, $sEmailAddress, $sSubjectText, $sMessageText, $sMessageText, $sReturnAddress));
                  Should send in plain text and HTML format.

You could then try adding tags to the various email templates and see what happens.

There's no attachment code lurking however.
                  Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                  Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you

Hi there,

Thank you for that. I'm trying what you said.

The particular area I want to play with is the order list, which seems to be represented by the value 'CartOnlineXML'.

I looked that up in the reference and it says I can set it in 'Design - Text - Website - Emails' but I don't see how.

Where can I edit the cart layout in the email, so that I can start fixing the digital download URLs?
                    Kind regards,
                    Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
                    http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Comment

Progress... no progress

I followed up on your hint by asking Actinic how to edit the Digital Download link layout, as this is what I wanted to do.

The first clear reply I got was:

The email they're talking about isn't in html format, it's plain text, so
                      the URL isn't a link, just a plain URL - this means that it isn't possible
                      to have a user-friendly text that's displayed plus the nasty URL that it's
                      pointing to.
                      So I pointed out that you can change the email to HTML, and asked if there was a way from there. This received:
                      No, I am afraid there is not as this is unsupported by Actinic.
                      So does anybody know where the layout of the Cart Contents in the Customer Email is set up? Perhaps it is in accessible code, which can be edited.

Thanks
                      Kind regards,
                      Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
                      http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Comment

Working...
                      X