Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Up/Down ordering options for products, sections, choices etc

From this thread

The ability to have options to simply move elements in the content tree up and down in order.
    This could simply be a shortcut key e.g.shift-up/down or ctrl-up/down and could be applied to brochure pages, fragments, sections (including child objects), products, components, attributes and choices.
    Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
    Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
    SellerDeck Digital Marketing

add my vote, please!
    Tracey

Comment

mine too .. it would make any product/attribute/choice etc., update SO much easier.

Comment

And another one...

Add another vote for me too
        Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
        www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Mine too please.
          Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Me too, please.
            Darren Guppy
            Golf Tee Warehouse
            Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

+1 for me please.

Comment

+1

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

mine too

well i guess we can hope someone from the towers might read it

Comment

Just to clarify

The ability to have options to simply move elements in the content tree up and down in order.
                    Are you just talking about re-ordering elements within a page, eg products or subsections within a section, fragments within a brochure page? Not promoting and demoting sections within the hierarchy - a subsection to a section and vice versa?

I'm guessing the former but I'd like to be sure. The latter might be hard, especially to make it intuitive.

Something similar to the former was considered for v10 because it's been requested before, although unfortunately it didn't quite make the cut. If that's what you mean, I will make sure it's seriously considered for v11. We were looking at up and down arrow icons in the Content Tree, but keyboard shortcuts seem like a good idea as well.
                    Bruce Townsend
                    Ecommerce Product Manager
                    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I think we're talking about the first option. Re-ordering items in their current lists/pages. Especially in light of the thread linked in the OP
                      Tracey

Comment

Thanks, I have added that to the list of requests to be considered for v11.
                        Bruce Townsend
                        Ecommerce Product Manager
                        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                          Thanks, I have added that to the list of requests to be considered for v11.
                          I'd imagine that would be what, three years away?
                          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                            Are you just talking about re-ordering elements within a page, eg products or subsections within a section, fragments within a brochure page? Not promoting and demoting sections within the hierarchy - a subsection to a section and vice versa?
                            Hi Bruce,

My thought process was that the user would click on an element in the content tree and then the [ctrl or shift]-up/down command would move the element up or down one element within the parent item that it resides in.
                            i.e. you could move a choice to the top or bottom of the choice list for an attribute, or you could move a product to the top or bottom of the section it is in.

I appreciate the complexities of shifting products in the content tree with single key strokes with regards to the database and the SQL updates required, however even the ability to do this from product level down would be useful.

I have already played about with this option whilst working on the current BETA interface for TASK V2, however I did not take it further because I (wrongly) assumed it was not an oft-requested feature. I think I'll see if I can bring this back into the next release of TASK if it might help some people. Ideally it would be best within the interface itself.
                            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
                            X