Copy name into Different Delivery address on MOTO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Copy name into Different Delivery address on MOTO

Might just be me but wish there was a way to get the name to copy into the delivery address on MOTO when they want it delivered to a different address. 99% of the time it goes to the same person at their work address and would be much quicker if it auto copied and you overtyped when it was diff or you could get it to copy.

Cheers D
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Delivery Address on MOTO

Originally posted by Donna Kempster View Post
    Might just be me but wish there was a way to get the name to copy into the delivery address on MOTO when they want it delivered to a different address. 99% of the time it goes to the same person at their work address and would be much quicker if it auto copied and you overtyped when it was diff or you could get it to copy.

Cheers D
    Yes, and telephone and email, you have to scroll up the page to see these if they turn out to be the same as the invoice address, very frustrating!

Comment

+ 1 from me esp. to email and phone
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

If the goods are to be delivered to a different address then all the details could be copied across and then edited rather.

Comment

I'd rather that you decided what was copied rather than everything.

When you're overwriting a complete address field it's hard to tell which bits are the same and which bits aren't. For example if the original address has:

House name
          Street
          Town
          County
          postcode

and for the delivery address you're just given:

number, street,
          town
          postcode

then it gets confusing as to which bits should be kept and which shouldn't.

name, telephone and email would be good though.

OR

Possibly copy everything across and colour each field red (say) until it's been overwritten. That way we'd know which fields have been overwritten / checked and which ones we need to confirm with the customer. i.e. "and the email address is the same is it?"

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
            ....Possibly copy everything across and colour each field red (say) until it's been overwritten. That way we'd know which fields have been overwritten / checked and which ones we need to confirm with the customer. i.e. "and the email address is the same is it?"

Mike
            That's a good idea.

Comment

How would you envisage that being implemented? A 'Copy' button against each field, or something like that?
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I guess for me the easiest way to do this is probably what Duncan suggested above. Copy the name, email address and phone number automatically but not the address fields as we know they're going to be different anyway.

This would mean there's no need for any 'copy' button.

I would also highlight the copied fields to remind operators to check and update them if needed.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Perfect!

Email and phone a great idea - I forgot those!
                  Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Noted - thanks
                    Bruce Townsend
                    Ecommerce Product Manager
                    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Don't know why - I have been assuming this was in v10 anyway.
                      It's a facility sadly ommitted so far .....
                      Copy the name, email address and phone number automatically - to have to use a COPY Button defeats the point of it being automatic and time/labour-saving!
                      Kind Regards
                      Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Working...
                      X