Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A simple plugin system that would take minimal development time.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A simple plugin system that would take minimal development time.

http://wiki.webhooks.org/

Implement webhooks in actinic. Allow every event that you can think of to have a webhook url, and define the $_POST xml format for each type of event

I can think of bloody LOADs of cool things i could write and integrate, if all you did was POST to an url when an event happened.

THINK of the win.

- When an order is downloaded
    - Shipped
    - Printed
    - Deleted
    - Paid for
    - When a product is created
    - Edited
    - Deleted
    - *Stock updated*

If you do the last one only, then you could set up some VERY SIMPLE php/asp on the server to maintain real time stock and other options.

Personally, i'd just love to use the products part to maintain search indexes and web2.0 interactivity and i'd love to use the customers and orders webhooks to build a full blown customer login system.

BTW: a big player uses webhooks, PayPal.

Comment

This is too complex for many readers pal, why don't you elaborate a wee bit. For us hard of understanding types of course.
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I've asked for similar in a slightly different way.

I'm mainly interested in the page-build phase and a file "actinic_actions.php" (Site folder specific) containing a set of empty PHP routines that are called whenever something happens on the UI would allow a lot finer control. E.g. beforeUpdate, afterUpdate, beforeRefresh, afterRefresh, afterApply, etc, etc.

And a variable "CurrentAction" that dynamically contains values like Updating, Refreshing, Previewing, SinglePagePreview, etc.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X