Stock Level Warning Message Improvement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Level Warning Message Improvement

When an item drops below the warning level I would like to see details of exactly what item(s) has dropped below the warning level rather than the current message which just states '1 product moved below warning level' which is not very helpful if you have downloaded several orders with lots of different products.
    Darren Guppy
    Golf Tee Warehouse
    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

+1 for me.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

+1 for me and also the same for the suspended aswell

Comment

agreed

(blah blah 10 characters )
        Tracey

Comment

Yep good idea, a 5th tab for OOS products maybe? In the meantime create a section and run the product list with a blockif on the stock value and when you get the message, you can at least go to this section and see the products in question.

Comment

Also me + 1 etc
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Try this:

Into Design > Library > Layouts > Web Page Inner Layout, right click on "Standard Section Page", select "New Layout", name the new layout "Stock Status" and OK it. Locate the layout you just created, open it up and replace all of its contents with:

Code:
              <h1><actinic:variable name="SectionName" /></h1>
              <table cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" border="1" width="100%">
              <td width="40%" style="background: #ccc; color: #333; font-size: 14px; font-weight: bold;">Product Name</td>
              <td width="20%" style="background: #ccc; color: #333; font-size: 14px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold;">Stock Level</td>
              <td width="20%" style="background: #ccc; color: #333; font-size: 14px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold;">Suspend Level</td>
              <td width="20%" style="background: #ccc; color: #333; font-size: 14px; text-align: center; font-weight: bold;">Warning Level</td>
              <actinic:block type="EntireSectionList" >
              	<actinic:block type="ProductList" >
              	<actinic:block if="%28%3cActinic%3aVariable%20Name%3d%22StockLevel%22%2f%3e%20%3c%20%3cActinic%3aVariable%20Name%3d%22StockWarningLevel%22%2f%3e%29%20AND%20%28%3cActinic%3aVariable%20Name%3d%22IsStockMonitored%22%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20TRUE%29" >
              	<tr>
              	<td><Actinic:Variable Name="ProductName"/></td>
              	<td align="center"><actinic:variable name="StockLevel" /></td>
              	<td align="center"><actinic:variable name="StockSuspendLevel" /></td>
              	<td align="center"><actinic:variable name="StockWarningLevel" /></td>
              	</tr>
              	</actinic:block>
              </table>
              OK it and then exit the design library.

Create a new section called stock status and then on the layout tab, select "Stock Status" on the "Main Product Area Layout" selector. You should then see a table that details any products that are stock checked and have the stock level at less than or equal to the warning level.

You can hide this section on your site or if you are clever and know how to exclude from the menu, leave it live and you will have an online reference to it also. A true/false variable around the section link layout and an exclude from sitemap should do it.

Comment

Doesn't this just duplicate the built in stock level display which can be filtered to show all products below the warning level, but doesn't help with knowing which is the latest product(s) that has dropped below the warning level on the last download of orders.
                Darren Guppy
                Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Well it's not going to date when they went into that status I agree, but it will give you a list available from one click in the content tree detailing all products meeting the criteria. You can set your own rules on the list and which products it should show (maybe even add a "dealt with" variable? for those out of stock products already in hand) and get that to show. It will also give you an online report available in over 256 countries if you want it.

If it's of no use though, just don't use it.

Comment

Thanks Lee, I appreciate the effort and time spent. I will give it a try later when I have more time and see if it is something I can use or adapt to assist with stock monitoring, if not I ma sure there will be others who will find it very useful.

P.S. Can you provide a complete list of the 256 countries please.
                    Darren Guppy
                    Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
                      P.S. Can you provide a complete list of the 256 countries please.
                      Here you go - http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=list+of+countries+in+the+world

Comment

The first google result here gives 257 countries, which one will your code not work in, because as a frequent visitor to 'Juan de Nova Island' I am concerned I would be able to make use of the new code.http://www.listofcountriesoftheworld.com/
                        Darren Guppy
                        Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                          It will also give you an online report available in over 256 countries if you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
                            'Juan de Nova Island'
                            LOL, that has to be the most vague country in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
                              Sorry missed the word over. I stand corrected.

...although some sites suggest there are only 195 countries, in which case your statement cannot be true and so are making false claims. Does anybody have the number of Lee's local trading standards?
                              Darren Guppy
                              Golf Tee Warehouse

Comment

Working...
                              X