No. ordered on invoice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No. ordered on invoice!

I thought this had been mentioned before but I can't find the previous thread.

As our order processing procedures have started changing, in advance of our move, I'm getting frustrated with the invoice format.

I've been forwarding our invoice to our shipper but without the orderlines being shipped.
    There's a column for "No shipped" and "No backordered" but no column for "No ordered" so it's impossible to tell, from an unshipped invoice, how many of any orderline a customer has ordered.

Why can't the invoice have all 3 columns?? Or, if backordering is disabled, which ours is, can we just have "No ordered" and "No shipped"?

Meantime, I'm having to add quantities into each covering email, which is time consuming at best.

Thank you kindly
    Tracey

I've always thought this odd too. I expect the number ordered to appear on there too.

In the meantime, is there a reason not to use the packing list report for sending to the shipper?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

yeh, we've thought about that but it's the invoice we really want to send with the products (and he's being paid based on various costs/shipping etc so he can check we're not ripping him off too LOL)

the only way I can see round it is to ship all the orderlines before generating the invoice - problem is, then Actinic moves it to 'completed', where I don't want it to be until I've had notification that the order is shipped (from the shipper) so I'd have to unship the lines again to move it back to pending.
      Tracey

Comment

If it's causing you a lot of effort it's probably worth getting Duncan or Jan to edit the invoice report for you.

I'm sure it's quite an easy change.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

that's my next step, I think, Mike.
          It'll save me a short amount of time per order which amounts to a significant amount of time over the course of a day/week, I think.

Plus, I won't have to remember to give extra details which, if I forget to do, means an unhappy customer with fewer items than they ordered/expected.

Meantime, can it be added to whatever holy grail of wish lists Actinic has, please?
          Tracey

Comment

Working...
          X