Pop Up box when moving sections & products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pop Up box when moving sections & products

I would like to suggest that Actinic put a 'permissions' message up each time you want to move (drag & drop) Sections, Sub Sections & products within the Tree.

It's very easy to move things around, especially with Laptops with built-in mice, that pick up things unknowingly and dump them anywhere!

So sick of mine doing this! It causes me so much greif and wasted time.

If there was a permissions message that came up stating 'Are you sure you want to move this here' it would irradicate this problem.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who has come across this.

If Actinic do go down this road, please make it optional, as this would seriously slow me and my clients down.

Army Gore-tex
    Winter Climbing Mitts
    webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
    Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Might be easier simply to use a "proper" mouse when moving sections around, this will help more than an extra dialog box.

Comment

Problem with these messages are that they annoy you 498/500 times, so you switch them off, meaning the 2/500 times when they would help, they're switched off and redundant.

Software needs to get cleverer nowadays, it's 2010, it needs to learn rules and behaviours and ask a message when it sees something a little bizarre occuring, not just do blanket annoying messages that people will switch off.

Comment

I agree Lee, also a proper mouse would be my suggestion too, I hate touch-pads as a substitute for a mouse for this very reason. Had various horrors using a touch pad till I saw the error of my ways.
          Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
          www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

I always switch off the "touch/tap-click" feature on any new laptops I get for exactly this reason. I only ever use the left/right click buttons and just use the pad for moving around.

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Software needs to get cleverer nowadays, it's 2010, it needs to learn rules and behaviours and ask a message when it sees something a little bizarre occuring, not just do blanket annoying messages that people will switch off.
            I agree Lee. That said, the kind of AI you are referring to is very hard to get rightand could end up with extraneous development, code bloat, more bugs and ultimately an addition to the software which still has the potential to annoy!
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

TBH I doubt if we would implement this, partly for the reasons stated above, and partly because drag and drop is a standard Windows function and it would be a bit quirky and counter-intuitive if we added our own proprietary spin to it.

I do understand it can be annoying because I've had exactly the same 'drag and disappear' problem with both Windows Explorer and Outlook; but there's always cut and paste instead.
              Bruce Townsend
              Ecommerce Product Manager
              Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
              X