Edit multiple products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit multiple products

I think it would save a lot of time if we could select multiple products and edit them. For example, I could select a range of products (by holding down control), and then change the layout of all products at the same time, rather than clicking on them all individually?

Sorry if it's been suggested before

It has been mentioned before but is very valid and would save a lot of time.

Comment

yes, yes, yes.
      being able to do something simple like set a 'hide' flag, without have to go through products one by one

Comment

Originally posted by JFro View Post
        I think it would save a lot of time if we could select multiple products and edit them. For example, I could select a range of products (by holding down control), and then change the layout of all products at the same time, rather than clicking on them all individually?

Sorry if it's been suggested before
        Agree with the requirement Jess, not so sure with your example though. If you're setting product layouts manually against each product, you're not using things as designed, you should be either applying the master layout (if that's what it is) in site options or applying the product layout against the parent section so all products within that section inherit that setting, even if all in a section are not to be on one layout, you should still set the master on the parent to the most common one. Setting them individually is a very bad idea and should only be done as a last resort, reason being if you ever want to change that choice, imagine going back to each and every one and how could you easily find them etc.

Study and understand the 'use parent' facility, ten minutes study will save you hours and hours if not days over the years using actinic.

Comment

I think that teclan might have a plugin that lets you do this.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Agree with the requirement Jess, not so sure with your example though. If you're setting product layouts manually against each product, you're not using things as designed, you should be either applying the master layout (if that's what it is) in site options or applying the product layout against the parent section so all products within that section inherit that setting, even if all in a section are not to be on one layout, you should still set the master on the parent to the most common one. Setting them individually is a very bad idea and should only be done as a last resort, reason being if you ever want to change that choice, imagine going back to each and every one and how could you easily find them etc.

Study and understand the 'use parent' facility, ten minutes study will save you hours and hours if not days over the years using actinic.
            Yes sorry, I don't think I meant layouts. If I did I've now confused myself But changing the 'Hide on website' status of multiple selected products all at once... very useful...

Comment

Working...
            X