Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which small irritants would you most like fixed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Content tree remembers its state after snapshots or purges

Better persistance in the content tree - by this I mean if I have all products collapsed into their subsections or sections and I do a snapshot or purge content I expect them to still be collapsed afterwards (or vice versa)
    Last edited by leehack; 23-Oct-2010, 12:16 PM.
    The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

More intuitive help when working with products that have duplicates

When you delete a product, get a warning that there is also a duplicate left lurking somewhere.

Also if you update a product (that has a duplicate) then maybe get an optional warning box asking `do you want to update the duplicate` too.

Its not always the people that create the products that have to amend them, so how do they know there are duplicates?
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Would like to be able to delete line items, not just cancel them

[Simon Walker]
        Would like to be able to delete line items, not just cancel them.

Comment

Need to add new payment types - BACS, etc.

[Simon Walker]
          Need to add new payment types - BACS, etc.

[Lee]
          You can change the wording of a payment method such as 'payment by cheque' to become 'payment by BACS direct into our account' and then just ensure you have your BACS details in the same area within the layout. You could say something like:

If you wish to pay by BACS direct into our account, please use:

Bank: Alliance & Leicester
          Account Name: Cult Pens Ltd
          Sort Code: 00-00-00
          Account Number: 12346678

Please include your order number as the reference number for the payment.

Comment

Do not allow overwriting of 'do not display completed orders older than..'

[Simon Walker]
            Clients override each other's settings for 'Do not display completed orders older than...'

Comment

Ability to re-order product choices

[Simon Walker]
              Can't re-order product choices using cut-and-paste because doing so breaks associated product links.

Comment

Do not truncate products descriptions in emails

[Simon Walker]
                Product descriptions are truncated to around 30 chars in order shipped emails

Comment

Ability to copy all fields on an order

[Simon Walker]
                  Cannot copy basic order info to clipboard, eg. order number, delivery address, etc. - should be a right-click on order line option

Comment

Remember my workspace layout when i switch between tabs

[Simon Walker]
                    When switching back to content management from the orders screen Actinic forgets my workspace layout - I have to rearrange my content workspace 50 times a day.

[Lee]
                    I never experience this, i always go to window | restore split view layout and it maintains that look at all times, if you choose one of the window layouts from that menu, does it still do this? Not sure if this is because you are using enterprise and this is different.

Comment

Ability to access details of an old order without calculating how many days ago

[Simon Walker]
                      Would like to be able to access details of an old order without having to calculate how many days ago it was placed and then let Actinic load 50,000 useless order records to the client PC (hint: send the search to the database engine, don't bring the data to the client).

Comment

No idea how to title this one, please read below lol

[Simon Walker]
                        If you accidentally press the 'shopped before' button on the MOTO form you might as well pack up and go home for the day while Actinic loads the details of everyone who ever lived into the client PC, before offering a filter. (hint: send the search to the database engine, don't bring the data to the client).

Comment

On MOTO, get product to remain on the form once added to basket

[Simon Walker]
                          On the MOTO form, once you add a product to the basket it then disappears from the form. Insanely annoying when like us you have products with multiple options and customers routinely order more than one option of the same product

Comment

Populate the refund dialog correctly for AP transactions

[Simon Walker]
                            The Refund dialog is not correctly populated for AP transactions

Comment

Have a better way of automatically naming page names on copied sections

[Mick Eden]
                              Do something about 'copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_copy_of_etc.html' when (funnily enough) copying section/subsections - perhaps add a unique numerical index to the end of the filename instead?

[Lee]
                              I agree something needs doing about this, perhaps a popup dialog telling the user to ensure they rename the page. I think your idea of numbering is a much better idea for those that do not choose to listen though, it will certainly result in a much better page name.

Comment

Slicker closing down of Actinic

[Mick Eden]
                                Closing down Actinic without snapshot is a long winded process:
                                1. click file then exit (required- obviously)
                                2. choose whether snapshot to be done (required)
                                3. click ok to the information dialogue box regarding db compression
                                4. click ok to the dialogue box telling you Actinic has closed and must be restarted

Why the last 2 steps is my point?

[Lee]
                                Giving the option to select whether you compact a database or not has always seemed barmy to me, this should be done automatically and without the need for a question. It's a bit like a car asking you if you'd like to close the door before you drive off. This solves so many problems and should be done by default IMO. The OK that you get at the end is important though it stops the site being opened back up and tells you when it has completed.

There should without question be an auto snapshot feature too, where you say how often and it just does it.

Comment

Working...
                                X