Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which small irritants would you most like fixed?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ability to re-order sections with simple move up or move down buttons

Ability to easily move sections up and down in the content tree without needing to drag and drop or use SHIFT to move them to a specific place. A simple move up and move down button, likewise on products.
    The Pretty Dress Company

Comment

Replace automatic _ with - on page names

This has to be one of the smallest irritants that could have the greatest impact on sites.

When we put in Children's Clothes as a section name, actinic converts that to be Children_s_Clothes.html

First of all we want the underscores to become dashes, so we get Children-s-Clothes.html

But in addition we want illegal characters to be totally removed from the name and not replaced by a dash, so we'd get Childrens-Clothes.html which is the best setup you can have.

As you will be addressing SPP in v11 and i therefore presume looking to have extended info pages auto rename to something better too, seems an ideal time to do it all as it will be the same rules.

On existing sites with existing pages using an underscore, leave them all alone, but on brand new sections created, kick these new rules into action.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        ...we want the underscores to become dashes...
        This should surely be a simple change - however I would like to be able to have the option of the character used.

Comment

Time permitting we will deal with the underscores in v11, but I hadn't thought of the illegal characters issue. Thanks, I will add that to the spec.

We won't change existing filenames because that has negative implications for SEO, although we might try to provide some kind of optional global replace. The plan is to hold the separator character in a variable and allow the user to change it. New sites will use hyphens by default. Upgraded sites will continue to use underscores unless the user changes it; the main reason being that mixing hyphens and underscores could be quite annoying if you're trying to type a URL, and you can't remember which page uses which.
          Bruce Townsend
          Ecommerce Product Manager
          Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

The auto complete shipping email to finally get the words "order shipped" at the end

The auto complete shipping email to finally get the words "order shipped" at the end of the subject line.

when you use auto complete it misses this part of the subject line. I reported this bug over three years ago, actually CD acknowledged it.

Comment

Provide option to add pricing to standard components

Automatically provide the option to add prices to standard components, community has shown you how to do it.

Comment

Remove cgi-bin linking across all marketing lists in favour of plain URLs

Get all marketing lists to not use cgi-bin links, instead using plain URLS (much better for SEO), again community has shown you how to do it, so add in as standard. Time to start maximising SEO possibilities, especially when so simple to add in.

If you scrap the smart theme nav (yuck), we can then block all access to cgi-bin with a robots.txt file on all sites, a very big plus IMO.

Comment

MOTO: Shipping Method not to Change

When taking a telephone order: Adding products required, selecting appropriate shipping and stating total price. Customer agrees, insert their address details and you go to click 'confirm' to take card details when you see the shipping method has changed to something different. You have to re-set the shipping as you first selected before proceeding with payment. Great danger of missing this and charging wrong amount.

Comment

Length of Order Numbers

To be able to adjust the length of order numbers on internal MOTO orders and Web orders to shorter, easier to use meaningful numbers for the customer to quote. And for them to print out correctly on all forms without hyphens between the numbers.

Comment

Voting for the popular points raised in this thread can now be made here - http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=49184

If we don't speak to them, they will never know what we are thinking.

It will only take 30 seconds to vote.

Comment

the problem is theres more than one i want to vote for, and all three have the same irritation weighting factor

Comment

Imagine your life depends on it Darren, you have to choose one otherwise someone will glue a carrot to your nose.

Comment

Imagine your life depends on it Darren, you have to choose one otherwise someone will glue a carrot to your nose.
                            I had no idea glueing a carrot to someones nose coule be life threatening. I have been doing this for years and was unaware of the risks, perhaps some public information broadcasts would help raise public awareness of this serious issue.
                            Darren Guppy
                            Golf Tee Warehouse
                            Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Home needs +/- adding to show/hide brochure pages.

Comment

LMFAO - i did choose one, the carrot did it

Comment

Working...
                                X