Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matrix Products

Another for the wish list....

Like plenty of other Actinic users on this forum - at least one of them being a competitor, Chris - we sell clothing.

Clothing comes in a multitude of permutations, i.e. different colours and sizes.

With Actinic we have to sell each garment as a single product and offer the colour and size as an attribute choice. However, our clothing suppliers treat each colour and size permutation as an individual product or SKU.

It would be useful if Actinic could take this into account better and allow us to easily allocate a product ID to each permutation easier.

(I know that there is a workaround for this, but it's not practical since we feature over 2,000 garments, each with an average of several colours and several sizes to offer).

Just a thought.

Regards

Nick Cook
    Ecommerce & Online Marketing Consultant

www.blueeggconsultancy.co.uk

I definately second this request. There is a distinct lack of handling products sensibly especially the matrix items. This is a good idea and i'm sure a number of other retailers will benefit. BTW- I'm one of them as I sell shoes.
    regards
    Nilesh

Comment

The product matrix options are just poor on actinic if you need to do anything but sell all the colours and sizes in a product.

If the product only comes in black in a small you have to list all the other colours separately in the option/permutation setting that are small (which can be 40 colours on a t-shirt) and set them to not valid.

It would be much easier if you could set 'any choice' & 'small' to not valid then the 'black' & 'small' to valid, overriding the previous item.

With 3,000 products and up to 400 variants on each product the software is temperamental to say the least.

Don't get me wrong I think the product has a lot going for it, just not enough for sites with lots of options.

It run's so slow at times taking 10 seconds to confirm a simple text change.
      It is currently using 115meg of memory but when I snap shot or upload it can hog a whopping 256k.

Then it takes at least 45 minutes to snapshot or to upload on a 10meg broadband (Virgin) connection from home. I can't run it from work as it would take too long on our adsl connection. (Don’t get me started with BT), (deep breath).

With us getting busier on the web, I have to find an alternative solution that can be shared from work and home and doesn’t need to be uploaded constantly.
      That can handle product matrices easily with different vat rates in the variants.
      That has customer accounts and order history etc. etc.

Thinking about it, the worst part of actinic is the waiting. Making an alteration and uploading that page(s) and it not working and having to up load the whole site and then refresh when it still doesn’t work, even when I have cleared the cache. That’s the evening gone and I haven’t even done a quarter of what I planned.

Wow, were did all that come from? Time for bed I think!
      PS. I'm not Actinic bashing, just frustrated.

Chris
      Clothing to make an impression.
      www.stitchfactory.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X