Option to save a new order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Option to save a new order

I have just come across the scenario where a customer has emailed through a large complicated order, and would like to pay by card over the phone. So rather than typing in the order contents while speaking to her (which would take a while), I typed it in to the new order section first. Then the customer was not available to take my call - so now the order is stuck on the screen.

So basically, it would be good to have a 'save for later' button, so that I can continue processing the order at a later date (even if the order goes into pending orders).

I could go to the card payments page and then cancel, which I believe would end up with a similar result, but I will have to make up a fake address as I do not yet have those details (and then rely on my ability to alter the details and press the right button to take payment while the customer is waiting on the phone).

Any thoughts??

Sounds good idea to me, we regularly hear about the first class, market leading back end actinic has, adding things like this can only enhance that reputation further.

In your situation i'd have placed the order online myself, if for nothing else but to not block up the MOTO form.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      Sounds good idea to me, we regularly hear about the first class, market leading back end actinic has
      Was that tongue in cheek Lee - Unfortunatley its not how i see it - the system cant do BOM's, P/O e.t.c so its not a backend system

however i think the option to save is a good idea

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
        In your situation i'd have placed the order online myself, if for nothing else but to not block up the MOTO form.
        Didn't think of that one Although I'd still have to invent a temporary fake address...

I went to the payments page, and then closed it - order went into pending orders as I thought. So just need to open up the order and move through the tabs to fill in the info when the customer phones - and hope the payment page loads (I've had problems with payments like this before, which is why I'm nervous!!)

Save would be easier

Comment

I agree.
          The option to save a draft order (or multiple draft orders even. Why not?) would be useful
          Tracey

Comment

We always mark them as cheque orders - they sit in the orders screen then we open them up again change payment to moto or whatever you call it and take payment. Never had a problem with it but save order would be a great option.
            Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

Yep I could do that too (although not everyone will have a cheque option), but still need to make up the address for the required fields if the information isn't available?

Other scenarios where this could be useful - when entering manual (post) orders and a customer phones to place an order, as a temporary back-up in case of power failure, or just when there isn't time to finish entering a big order...

Comment

Hello

Thank you for sharing this idea, I have added it and the votes to our wish list.

Regards
                Krithika Chandrasekar
                SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Yep I could do that too (although not everyone will have a cheque option)
                  You can specify payment by check for offline orders only in the payments section.
                  Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                  Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                  A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                  Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                  Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                  Multichannel order processing
                  Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

I have a payment option for moto and online that is "I will call to pay" that allows customers to place an order online then call later or indeed I use it for long orders in preparation as posted above.
                    https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

Working...
                    X