Pay & Refund terminology / Cancelled Items

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pay & Refund terminology / Cancelled Items

Can anyone else say they get confused by this?
    If I want to charge a customers card via an order that is already on the system, I open to order, go to progress & payments, then I click 'PAY' and enter the amount. But it is the customer that is paying me, not the other way around. Shouldn't it be 'charge'?? And then on the 'REFUND' button, to commit the amount, you click 'request refund' whereas I am giving the customer a refund rather than requesting one for myself? Maybe it's just me, but I have to mentally double-check this every time!

I also think there is room for improvement with how the invoice print-outs show cancelled items. We use a modified invoice which we print out, use to pack from, and then enclose it with the order. It is very difficult to spot a cancelled item on these sheets - the only indicator being a blank 'quantity ordered' column. I have to remember to go through the printed orders and cross out any cancelled items, which does not look very professional! Couldn't the items be removed completely, and a note added to the 'journal' tab for the order?

Assuming we're talking about using Actinic Payments then your comments on 'Pay' versus 'Charge' and 'Request Refund' versus 'Refund' (?) sound very sensible.

If you're using a modified invoice then maybe the best solution would be to have it modified again to remove the cancelled items from the list of products and maybe have them shown seperately at the bottom? This would avoid the problem you have and still ensure the customer has a record of what's happened.

Duncan Rounding (and maybe a couple of others on the forum) can customise invoices etc for you.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
      to remove the cancelled items from the list of products and maybe have them shown seperately at the bottom?
      i like the idea of that, especially putting it to the bottom, i use both data entry and picking list and these are the same as the invoice with regards the visability of cancelled items

Comment

Originally posted by olderscot View Post
        Assuming we're talking about using Actinic Payments then your comments on 'Pay' versus 'Charge' and 'Request Refund' versus 'Refund' (?) sound very sensible.
        Yes that's right - we're using Actinic Payments with Actinic.
        Modifying the invoice again will probably be a good idea I think. Will look into it when we are 'less busy'... Although it would be even more useful if Actinic did it automatically, especially if a few of us are identifying it as an issue

Comment

Working...
        X