Printing orders before dispatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Printing orders before dispatch

When printing out new orders, does anyone else find it annoying that Actinic always asks if you are sure you would like to print your orders when they have not been dispatched? It seems odd to me that you would ever print orders or invoices AFTER the order has been sent - ours are always done before and all the paperwork goes off with the order.

I also find it annoying that altering an order in any way removes the 'printed' status of an order, and that there is not a way to 'mark as printed'. Then I know I have already dealt with the changes I have made.

Any thoughts?!

I'm not quite sure what you mean by 'print orders'? Do you mean print the invoice, or the packing list, or both, or something else?

DK if it's relevant, but if you use one-click complete you have more control over what is done and what is marked as done, eg you can set it to mark the invoice as printed without actually printing it, or vice versa (in Business Settings | Order Processing).

If the message you're referring to is listed in Housekeeping | Warning Management, then you can disable it by unticking it in that dialog.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Actinic does expect you to mark all the products on an order as 'shipped' before you print the invoice.

The terminology might not be the best, but it's as good as anything I can come up with. Is there a better word to indicate that the product is being sent in the package?

I know that 'shipped' isn't really valid until you've boxed the product up with the invoice / receipt and sent it, but it would seem odd to add extra steps to differentiate between 'picked' (ready to box up), 'boxed' (in the box with the invoice) and 'shipped' (sent out the door). Although, tbh, I expect that amazon and other large retailers can tell at what stage the order is in the process.

I suspect that for most us 'pending' and 'shipped'/'completed' are enough stages.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Despatched.....

Comment

Working...
        X