Order Details in a Pane rather than a modal window

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order Details in a Pane rather than a modal window

Currently when in the Orders tab you see a list of orders. If you wish to see the details of an order you double click on the order and a modal window opens with the details on various tabs.

What I would like to see instead is that when you click on an order it rather opens another pane in the lower part of the order list (as per attached image). Subsequently clicking on further orders changes the contents of the pane.

With this method you don't need to close the order details window to move to the next or another order.
    Attached Files

+1 from me
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

+1 from me too.
      Kind Regards
      Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

If you wish to see the details of an order you double click on the order and a modal window opens with the details on various tabs.

What I would like to see instead is that when you click on an order it rather opens another pane in the lower part of the order list
        Where you say 'instead', do you really mean 'as well'?

i.e.

one-click: display in lower part of screen
        double-click: Open in modal window

This would seem to work well for me.

Also should the one-click pane be editable (and tab-able) or is it just to see the order details? In which case could it also be an option that hovering over the order number (for example) could display the same thing?

And one more thing on this. If you one-click to display the pane, should a click outside of the pane remove it to show all the orders again? That would again make sense to me so we can then scroll down to find other orders using the full screen rather than just part of it.

Mike

PS. Sorry, another question on this. Presumably this is so you can quickly look through orders trying to find 'something'. Will this something always be on the customer tab or will it sometimes be on the order details or shipping details, etc? In which case I assume we want the 'pane' to display the currect 'active' tab.

PPS. once an order is open on the 'pane' using the up / down keys should probably change which order is displayed by moving up / down the list of orders. (and the mouse scroll button?).
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I'd like to see it integrated into the workspace like the other panes. You could then drag it out of the workspace to be a separate window (opr monitor) or redock it back into it's original location. It could be size adjustable with a drag at the top side so you can see more orders and a scroll bar if required. I think if you could undock the pane then the modal window would not be required.

It ouwld be dymanic so when you us ethe up/down keys to go through the orders it would dymanically change the shown data to that of hte selected order.

The top tabs would remain as they are now or could be rearranged as per the section and product details are now or perhaps with icons as per the business settings.

Comment

Hello Duncan

Thank you for the suggestion, I have added the request and the votes to our wish list.
            Krithika Chandrasekar
            SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
            X