A cancel button that does what it suggests immediately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A cancel button that does what it suggests immediately

If i select to take a snapshot and then wish to cancel the process, I'd like to press cancel and it do that immediately. I do not want to sit with it trundling through collecting site files when i have asked it to cancel, please make the button do as it suggests and PDQ please. Thanks.

I also find that annoying too although I think it would be a trade off as the app would need to check for the cancel action more frequently whilst uploading and as such that might take a bit longer.

Comment

I would like to see this as well, but Duncans point is a good one, how much would it slow things down by. If it made a big difference to the processing time then would it be a good move?
      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
      www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Maybe i'm a bit thick, but i'm not getting the will slow things down comments. As it is, it slows things down, on larger sites i click to cancel and i have to sit there for at least 5-10 minutes waiting (often quicker to crash actinic and load it again). If i click cancel, i expect anything it is doing to cease immediately within 3-4 seconds. Why can cancel not just kill the process immediately if pressed?

Comment

I'm not so sure about the button checking being the problem either. I suspect it's more to do Actinic finishing what it's doing before doing a controlled shutdown of the snapshot process.

i.e. if actinic is in the middle of creating an index of everything that should be included in the snapshot, then I suspect it will finish that first THEN stop the queue of things to be done, release memory, reset control functions and return to normal mode.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were some very long processes running during a snapshot ( I guess we know there is because of the time it can take), Whether it's efficient to break these down into smaller chunks I couldn't say.

Add in the complexity of there probably being lots of tasks running in parrallel which all might have to report as complete before doing the cancel and cleanup process and you can see why it might not be a simple issue.

Mike
          -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

The white switch on the wall does that - flip it to "off" and all is sorted, Actinic doesn't even get time to crash and generate a .DMP file either

Bikster
            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
            X