Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Product variables

Hi,

I would like to see a couple of new variables added to the product table (and stock reorder report). The first would be "supplier SKU" and the second would be "bin" (e.g. where the product is stored). The "bin" would also, obviously, be useful on the packing list.

I know that this is unlikely to ever, ever happen but I'll ask anyway. Is it possible to PLEASE separate out the SKU from the UID of the product? A database should never be keyed on a user modifiable field. Failing that, please add a separate SKU field and hide the current product ID completely. Then show the SKU on the packing list and invoices, etc.

If it's still not possible, could you build a method of changing the key everywhere rather than just effectively losing the child records?

Also, from the order processing view, if you "view" an order line, I would like to see the stock level of the product and be able to change it, if necessary.
    The Patchwork Rabbit

Also, on the stock levels screen, it would be useful to see the "Cost" and "Price" fields so that when I'm checking in stock from an invoice, I can check if there's been a price change.
    The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Originally posted by PatchworkRabbit View Post
      Hi,

I would like to see a couple of new variables added to the product table (and stock reorder report). The first would be "supplier SKU" and the second would be "bin" (e.g. where the product is stored). The "bin" would also, obviously, be useful on the packing list.

I know that this is unlikely to ever, ever happen but I'll ask anyway. Is it possible to PLEASE separate out the SKU from the UID of the product? A database should never be keyed on a user modifiable field. Failing that, please add a separate SKU field and hide the current product ID completely. Then show the SKU on the packing list and invoices, etc.

If it's still not possible, could you build a method of changing the key everywhere rather than just effectively losing the child records?

Also, from the order processing view, if you "view" an order line, I would like to see the stock level of the product and be able to change it, if necessary.
      Item position in terms of Aisle/Rack/Bin exists inV10 and V11 on the picking page of the order, not sure if all versions (Catalog, Business etc) include this feature but you could check with sales. You can set the position on Stock Tab of the product page

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by malbro View Post
        Item position in terms of Aisle/Rack/Bin exists inV10 and V11 on the picking page of the order, not sure if all versions (Catalog, Business etc) include this feature but you could check with sales. You can set the position on Stock Tab of the product page
        Certainly not in Business, but poking around in the database it seems it's there, so probably limited to Enterprise. Yet another cash gouge by Sellerdeck for what should be basic packing list functionality.
        The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

Working...
        X