Default page extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Default page extension

Something in site options to determine a default extension for pages within the store.

I appreciate the Catalog page has to be html but being able to set a variable to default to .php or .shtml (for example) for all other pages would be useful. Can be a little irritating on larger stores.

Simple enough to query the database and UPDATE this up until the sSingleProductPageName which won't return a value for some reason. So could this option be written into how SellerDeck first writes the page names to the database?
    Dave

Not an ideal solution as you could be parsing pages that does not use any SSI , but a htaccess file that parses html as shtml would do what you were after to achieve that result.

Comment

Originally posted by I-CC View Post
      Not an ideal solution as you could be parsing pages that does not use any SSI , but a htaccess file that parses html as shtml would do what you were after to achieve that result.
      Surely you would know what you want from your site.

My point is if you know you want a majority as .php, then set the default to php then you are just left with a smaller amount to change if you don't want those as php.

On the note of unnecessary parsing, your solution doesn't really solve that as it's a blanket rule for all matching extensions, thus far more likely to be parsing stuff that doesn't require it.

I'm sure if that was the sensible solution then one file extension would do all in the first place. Instead of all the possible variants that we have.
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      X