Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sellerdeck on Mobile devices

Hi,

I've just noticed that 15-20% of my hits are now coming from people using mobile devices!!

However when I view my site on a mobile device I am concerned that there is lots of scrolling and zooming required to view the site. It isnt exactly a doddle. I wonder if I lose many sales because of this.

Are there any plans for Sellerdeck to become optimised for mobile devices. I see that Actinic online is optimised, however us desktop people are being left behind in this race. It is really crucial that all sites display nicely in mobile devices now.

I notice that Teclan have a 'responsive' theme for sellerdeck at £500. It looks like it works pretty well, reshaping the site depending on the screen size. However its another £500.. and more work rebuilding the site into their theme. Shouldnt there be a responsive theme bundled with Sellerdeck?

What are sellerdecks plans regarding optimising for mobile? I am on 10.0.4
    Is there anything in v11 or in the coming sellerdeck 2013? Does anyone know what is being planned and when will it be available?
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Sellerdeck for Mobiles

Hi,
    I am quite surprised that this thread has had no response from Sellerdeck, if it is to be a complete sales solution it should be supporting mobile and not relying on a third party solution.
    Come on Sellerdeck have you any thoughts on this?
    Steve

Comment

I acted on a response some time ago on the following thread:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=53777

It seems that it is not on the list at the moment, so I converted my velcro site to responsive, I do know that ICC:

http://community.sellerdeck.com/member.php?u=133

have been working on a mobile version so it may be worth talking to them
      Many Thanks
      Lee
      www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
      www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

Comment

Maybe snap Teclans arm off @ £500 - they quoted us £800 plus vat and £4,000 plus vat bespoke

Bet they have nice cars in the car park
        www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Hi Mark,
          I wish we did have nice cars in the car park! My daily transport only has two wheels!
          On a serious point, the responsive template we offer delivers 4 different layouts within one design for SellerDeck customers. The £800 price quoted to you would have included some additional work to either implement or adapt existing code or plugins into this template i.e. it would use the same look, feel and structure of the template; hence the off-the-shelf value.
          A bespoke responsive design, similarly, requires customised graphic design work across 4 layouts, working with one of our graphic designers in an iterative design process.
          It then involves integrating all 4 design visuals into 4 CSS based layouts and responsive HTML framework, testing, quality checking, and so on. All of this bespoke service requires a significantly greater amount of time, skill, knowledge and manpower than an off-the-shelf template hence the variance in price.
          I hope the above clarifies our position on pricing with regards to responsive design.
          We all agree that mobile responsive designs are a powerful feature and a requirement of websites of today and the future.

We'd be more than happy to discuss the specifics of any quote or project requirement you may have.
          Feel free to get back in touch.
          Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
          Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
          SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Thank you for the explanation, although mobile is the way forward, the pricing puts it out of my reach just now.

Hopefully Sellerdeck will develop a solution at some point.

Comment

This is an area that we are looking at closely - in fact we are doing some research with consumers at the moment.

Chris

Comment

I'll be interested to hear how the research pans out.

I'm still not a great believer in mobiles being a good browsing device but it will grow as a market and screen sizes do seem to be getting bigger and bigger to address the problem.

Coming at it from a slightly different perspective. A recent mailshot I did showed 34% of opens were from mobile devices. I've always felt that mobile phones are a challenge for email marketing as in my own experience I quickly glance at an email on my phone and decide whether I need to do anything urgently or not. If not, then that emails pretty much dead in the water as I rarely go back and look at them later.

I guess where I'm going with this is that if emails are going to be opened first on a mobile device then we need a strong call to action in the email and a good user experience when they open a link in the browser.

So even if the browsing experience on mobiles is poor and not something users like doing, it may be a business necessity to do it as best we can anyway.

Mike
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We're currently seeing 10-15% on average at present of visitors from mobile devices, and we only expect this to grow.
                  We have some additional figures we are compiling to see the volume of transactions/conversions from mobile vs desktop, however this will take some time to compile as we want to obtain a reasonably large data set of Responsive sites with which to compare, however early figures are showing a higher conversion from mobile devices on the responsive sites, as would be expected.

As we know and learn more so we will be able to adapt better to the customer requirements.
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                  Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                  SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

What is clear is that access from mobile devices to both email and web sites is growing rapidly.

What isn't so clear to me is if the major viewing of web sites is from iPads and the like where the screen size makes the experience similar to that from a notebook or desktop anyway.

Chris

Comment

I have just bought an iPad mini to use when I am out and about to manage email, support, orders etc. I think a lot of people will do the same, standard sized phones are just a bit to small and iPad just a bit to big. I think a lot of people will do the same. Even where size isn't an issue, weight and ease of use might come into it.
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Is the type of business a factor, your "type" of customer also ?

I can see on our Google analytics that although we don't get huge numbers of visitors, around 30% are using a mobile device split more or less 50/50 between Ipad and a phone.....it is also clear that the average stay on my site by mobile users is considerably less than those using PC or what ever.

Comment

This just in via the SellerDeck newsletter:
                          A survey of 400 consumers by Toluna QuickSurveys on behalf of SellerDeck has revealed that more than 57% never, or at least very rarely, purchase goods and services on smartphones, tablets and e-readers. To confuse matters even more, there is limited agreement about what the term "online purchase" actually means.

"There is a lot of research being published about consumer mobile buying behaviours that paints a very simplistic picture of the channel," says Ben Dyer, SellerDeck CEO.

"However, scratch the surface and things are more complicated. To your average retailer, downloading an app, or a song, isn't the same as buying a physical item. More detailed information is needed for the industry to sector to move forward."

More information from the SellerDeck Insights Mobile Commerce Survey will be released in the coming weeks.

Will be interesting to see the further info and what steps SellerDeck will take with the info.

Bikster
                          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Originally posted by mje View Post
                            the average stay on my site by mobile users is considerably less than those using PC or what ever.
                            This will change as mobile data tariffs drop and more people sit at home connecting wifi to their router rather than power up the laptop of the prehistoric PC.

Just had to buy a new desktop PC and the choice is now very limited compared to just a few years back. Even laptops will go the way of the tower as pads and phones take centre stage.

Bikster
                            SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

While people might wait to get to their home pc to order, there is undoubtably a lot of casual browsing going on with mobile phones when people have some idle time on the bus or whatever.
                              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                              X