• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Integration of the new New Google Analytics code

I have been debating where to put this thread, which forum

SellerDeck 2013
    Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) & Site Reviews
    Wish List

I have decided rightly or wrongly on the wish list, on a search it first came up in 2007 and mention back in 04/12/2009. I am disappointed that well documented bugs are still in new code (Bug: Google Analytics fails on home page. (posted 22/07/2010).

Also the old Google Analytics code has been rolled over into SellerDeck 2013, there is a thread in 24/01/2011 mentioning the new code integration (New Google Analytics code in Header).

I am having trouble with Google Analytics picking up the site say that "Tracking Not Installed" where it is, under Marketing menu, enabled is ticked so it should be working but it is not.

Code is in the html:

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    var gaJsHost = (("https:" == document.location.protocol) ? "https://ssl." : "http://www.");
    document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src%3D'" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga%2Ejs' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
    //-->
    </script><script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    var pageTracker = _gat._getTracker("UA-XXXXXXXX-X");
    pageTracker._initData();
    pageTracker._trackPageview();
    //-->
    </script></body></html>
    That is when I started search the forum to find a solution.

SellerDeck strength it should work straight out of the proverbial box, this a feature which it sells on, Google Analytics integration but it is using old code with known bugs.

I may be wrong, I may have messed up, checked and check but I still can't see what is wrong, classic wood from the tree situation.

Just disappointed.
    Mash

Sorry you're struggling with the the Google Analytics integration. If you contact our support team I'm sure they will be able to help with that. They will need to know your web address, and may also need access to your Google Analytics account.

The home page bug that you refer to was resolved in v10.0.3, released January 2011.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thank you for your reply, I will got the support team on Monday

Originally posted by brucet View Post
      The home page bug that you refer to was resolved in v10.0.3, released January 2011.
      I am unsure if that is the case, I am just going on the code and the assumption if the code has not changed the same problem occurs. Happy to be wrong.

This is what I have lifted from the html from SD13:
      document.write(unescape("%3Cscript src='" + gaJsHost + "google-analytics.com/ga.js' type='text/javascript'%3E%3C/script%3E"));
      Which matches the code mentioned in the thread above. Of course something else may have happened to resolve the matter, hopefully that is the case.

Will be in touch, thanks again, M
      Mash

Comment

Working...
      X