Update Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update Prices

It would be nice if you could click a button and just download Product ref, Sale Price and Cost price in spreadsheet format. Its easy to update from a spreadsheet but not download .

With larger databases with same objects spread over more than one site its quite easy to forget or lose the odd product and much latter find it has not been updated price wise for a long time
    Chris Ashdown

Hi Chris,

By 'Download' do you mean 'export'?

If the current exports don't work for you it's not a big job to do this in excel.

1. Data > Get External Data > New database Query: Select the appropriate Actinic database (it's ActinicCatalog11* for V11)

2. Scroll down the list of tables shown and click on the 'Product' table to see the available columns.

- Select 'Product reference' and click the right arrow to move it to the selected column.

- Do the same for Price and nCostPrice (and any other fields you'd like)

- Click Next

- Tick the Sort by 'Product reference' box or whatever you prefer

- Make sure ' Return Data to MS excel' is selected.

- Click Finish.

Mike

PS. Save your spreadsheet. From now on, you just need to select anywhere within the data and rightclick > 'Refresh Data' to rerun the query.

PPS. This is in excel 2000 (my favourite). I just tried in Excel 2013 and it's a bit more complicated but pretty much the same.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike

Yup can do that, but thought that Sellerdeck could go a lot further with it's reporting section and this is one area of that we should not have to dive into the data base to get the answer, we should also be able to increase decrease prices by % or a fixed amount by section or individual item

Many third party do a program to do this but about time seller deck did some new idea's on reports
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

I agree about the reporting side. I think there's definitely scope for a rework there. More reports forcused on several key areas and all with the option of exporting to excel.

I think printed reports are pretty much useless these days as you can't manipulate the data or do any analysis on it.

Mike

PS. In terms of Price adjustment and stock management features. I'd be far more interested in some intelligent features that could be responsive to events. Things like the ability to offer 1 day sales on defined product ranges, or price match a major competitor, or manage stock when there's a rush on an item by increasing prices or desired stock levels. Not to mention the ability to manage stock and prices across multiple channels.

So for me, access to the desired data is good, but the ability to use the data in a timely and effective manner for business purposes is far more important.

There's probably a whole revision worth of stuff to do here.

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Chris, Mike

I have added this request to our wish list for consideration for future releases

Regards
          Krithika Chandrasekar
          SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
          X