Increasing my Tax Inclusive Pricing for the 20% Tax Increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Increasing my Tax Inclusive Pricing for the 20% Tax Increase

How do I Change all my Tax Inclusive Prices to Take into Account the Tax Rise so I do Not Absorb the Cost?

In order to increase all of you tax inclusive pricing to take into account the tax change from 17.5% to 20% on the 4th of January, please follow the article. Before you begin, please familiarize yourself with the following important notes:

• These instructions are for sites using the ‘Tax Inclusive Price’ mode only. Do not use if you enter your products exclusive of tax.
    • All products prices will be increased, irrespective of whether they are set to use ‘Zero Rated, ‘Exempt’, or ‘Custom Tax’
    • You must only run the SQL once, failure to observe this will result in the prices increasing again.
    • Take a snapshot of your site(s) before running the SQL update files
    • Do not manually modify the product / component prices before running the SQL
    • This article should be read in conjunction with http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=48683
    • These instructions are for version 9 and version 10 only

• Download the SQL files and the SQL runner from http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/support-files/Product-Price-Increase.zip and extract them on your PC. The files contained within the zip are as follows:

ActSqlRunner.exe
    Components.sql
    Permutations.sql
    Products.sql
    Quantity Discounts.sql

• These instructions are the same for both ‘Simple’ and ‘Advanced’ tax modes and the same for v9 and v10
    • Make sure you take a snapshot of your site before running any SQL scripts
    • It is recommended that you take a look at the article at http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=48683 if you have not already done so and follow any instructions that are applicable before continuing with this article
    • Make sure SellerDeck is closed, Open ActSqlRunner.exe by double clicking on it (SellerDeck Enterprise SQL Users please see the section at the end of this article)
    • Make sure the ‘Access Database’ radio button is selected, click the ‘…’ next to the ‘Access Database’ field and browse to your SellerDeck site folder, which by default is located within ‘My Documents\Actinic Vx\Sites\SiteName’ **, and select ActinicCatalog.mdb’
    • NOTE: We recommend that you do not use the ODBC function
    • Click the ‘…’ next to the ‘SQL File’ field and locate ‘Components.sql’ that you extracted earlier. Click ‘Run SQL’ to update your store database. Do not run it more than once else your prices will be increased twice.
    • Next, browse to ‘Permutations.sql’ and run it once only.
    • Do the same for ‘Products.sql’ and ‘Quantity Discounts.sql’
    • Open SellerDeck and manually change your ‘Zero Rated’, ‘Exempt’ and ‘Custom Tax’ products
    • Publish to Web to upload the changes to the store

Additional Notes for SellerDeck Enterprise SQL Users

The instructions for the running of ‘ActSqlRunner.exe’ are slightly different:

• Make sure SellerDeck and any plugin that uses the database, is closed and you have taken both a snapshot, and you have backed up your main SellerDeck database on the SQL server
    • Select the ‘SQL server database’ radio button
    • Enter the server details into the ‘Server Name’ field
    • Enter the name of your main SellerDeck database into the ‘Database:’ field
    • If you connect to your database using Windows authentication, select ‘Use NT Authorisation’, if not uncheck in and enter your SQL server admin Username and Password
    • The SQLs to use are the same as for the Access versions

** NOTE: All versions after v11.03 will have a file path of 'C:\Program Files\SellerDeck xxxx'.
    Paul Murphy
    Operations Manager - SellerDeck
Working...
X