Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I miss out the checkout page with a dropdown selection for shipping location?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I miss out the checkout page with a dropdown selection for shipping location?

As standard this page will be bypassed only if the following conditions are true in Settings | Business Settings: -

* You do not have Shipping or Handling charges.
    * You do not charge Tax.
    * None of the payment methods are Limited by Location.

If you only deliver to one country but have multiple shipping classes defined then you can bypass this page by applying the following script change:

* browse to your site folder and locate 'OrderScript.pl'

* open it in a text editor such as notepad and look for:

# Find out where we are
    #
    $::g_nCurrentSequenceNumber = $::g_InputHash{'SEQUENCE'}; # determine the sequence number of the calling page
    if (!defined $::g_nCurrentSequenceNumber) # if we are at the beginning
    {
    $::g_nCurrentSequenceNumber = $::STARTSEQUENCE;
    }

* and change it so that it now reads:

# Find out where we are
    #
    $::g_nCurrentSequenceNumber = $::g_InputHash{'SEQUENCE'}; # determine the sequence number of the calling page
    if (!defined $::g_nCurrentSequenceNumber) # if we are at the beginning
    {
    $::g_nCurrentSequenceNumber = 0;
    $::g_LocationInfo{DELIVERY_REGION_CODE}="UndefinedRegion";
    $::g_LocationInfo{DELIVERY_COUNTRY_CODE}="UK";
    $::g_LocationInfo{INVOICE_COUNTRY_CODE}="UK";
    $::g_LocationInfo{INVOICE_REGION_CODE}="UndefinedRegion";
    }

i.e. we've set the sequence number to 0 and preset the country codes. You can of course use any country code you want, not just the UK.

* close and save the file
    * update your site.

With thanks to Mike Hughes from Top Trout Ltd for providing this workaround

PLEASE NOTE: This is a legacy article and is intended for use with version 9 software and earlier. The sequence of pages and their content is different for version 10

SellerDeck is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder.
Working...
X