Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I generate a unique Message-ID of the form, plus an X-Mailer in email, so ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can I generate a unique Message-ID of the form, plus an X-Mailer in email, so ...

How can I generate a unique Message-ID of the form, plus an X-Mailer in email, so it will go through the webhosting ISP spam control?

The following work around will generate a unique Message-ID of the form, plus an X-Mailer in email, so it will go through the webhosting ISP spam control.

Message-ID will be shown as the following:

Message-ID: <001159268155.192Z168Z1Z254A1159264890B4376@host.domain.co.uk>

where:-
    - 001159268155 is number of seconds since system base time
    - 192Z168Z1Z254A1159264890B4376 is the cart id
    - host.domain.co.uk is the host server address

Solution:

Edit Actinic.pm
    search for 'sub sendrichmail'
    search for 'print date header' you should see a series of unless statements. Immediateley before...

unless (print MYSOCKET "Date: $sNow\r\n")

insert the following...

#
    # Construct the Message-ID
    # Date + Time + session ID @ host
    #
    my $sHost = $::Session->GetBaseUrl(); # Get the base href
    $sHost =~ s/.*?:\/\/(.*?)\/.*/$1/i; # Get the host address from the base href e.g. host.domain.com
    my $sMesageId = sprintf("%012d.%s@%s", $now, $::Session->GetSessionID(), $sHost);

unless (print MYSOCKET "Message-ID: <$sMesageId>\r\n")
    {
    $sLocalError = GetPhrase(-1, 18, 5, $!);
    close MYSOCKET;
    return($::FAILURE, $sLocalError, 0, 0);
    }

unless (print MYSOCKET "X-Mailer: Actinic 8\r\n")
    {
    $sLocalError = GetPhrase(-1, 18, 5, $!);
    close MYSOCKET;
    return($::FAILURE, $sLocalError, 0, 0);
    }

Save and exit
    Update site

SellerDeck is not able to provide any detailed support for script changes made. If you find that there is a problem, an original copy of the script can be found within the 'Original' folder in your installation. Copy this into your site folder, replace the script you have changed and upload to you site. If you have a test facility, we strongly recommend that you test any changes before you upload them to your live site.
Working...
X