Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On upload I get an error message saying 'files names conflict'.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On upload I get an error message saying 'files names conflict'.

You may see the error message:

"Some filenames conflict. All files being sent to the web site must have unique names. Please check the list of files in Design | Additional Files.
    Some of the following files must be renamed before an upload can occur. Once the files are renamed, reselect them in the SellerDeck."

if you have two files that have the same name but may be located in different folders on your pc. An example of how this may happen is if you have small product images and then larger images to display in a pop-up window. You may have a folder for 'small images' and a folder for 'large images' on your pc, therefore, your product image may point to 'small images\teapot.jpg' and your extended information page image may point to 'large images\teapot.jpg'. However, when uploaded, SellerDeck only ever loads all files into one folder on the server (usually 'acatalog') and you cannot have two files with the same name in one folder. In this case, because the images are different sizes, you will have to rename one of the images and update the relevant image field within SellerDeck (i.e. the image field within SellerDeck will not automatically update to the new image name when you rename it), e.g. small images\sm_teapot.jpg.

The error message should list all the files that it has a conflict with and show the paths on the pc that the fields within SellerDeck point to.
Working...
X