Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When I try to update or refresh my site I just get an hour glass showing and nothi...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I try to update or refresh my site I just get an hour glass showing and nothi...

When I try to update or refresh my site I just get an hour glass showing and nothing happens.

This happens because a script call to the server is not able to find some files that it is looking for. The workaround is to:

* Close SellerDeck
    * Open ActinicCatalog.mdb with Access 2000
    * Open the table MergeFileState
    * There will be several records where you should expect to see the following data
    (same for all records)
    sCurrentServerDate '-'
    nCurrentDSTStae -1
    nPreviousDSTSate 0
    * For all records set nPreviousDSTSate to -1.
    * Close Access
    * Open SellerDeck
    * Update site

If you are unable to amend the database directly, another workaround is to go to the network setup screen and change the 'CGI Script ID' field (ie, if it is currently set to '1', then change it to '2' ensuring that this does not conflict with another site that uses the same cgi-bin on the server). Also note that if you have an hard-coded links in your layouts that reference the cgi-bin you will have to change the script id on those links to make sure they use the correct script, for example, if you have physically typed something like:

<a href="http://localhost/cgi-bin/os000001.pl?ACTION=Start" target="_self" >checkout now</a>

into your layout you will need to change 'os000001.pl' to 'os000002.pl'.
Working...
X