Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

During site Update I get "An error occurred when merging files on the remote site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During site Update I get "An error occurred when merging files on the remote site...

During site Update I get "An error occurred when merging files on the remote site. An error occurred while renaming 'fulltext.fil' to 'oldtext.fil'. Permission denied. Try refreshing the site."

Run the 'Test' from 'Web | Network Setup'.

If you get the following error…

"Unable to create a file in the web page directory. Permission denied Catalog is unable to create a sub-directory in the web site directory. Permission denied "

then check the server permissions as described below:-

The CGI scripts need to read, write, and modify files in the acatalog directory.

The CGI scripts do not run as the FTP user. Instead they run as a user that is determined by the server configuration.

On Windows with IIS the CGI scripts are executed as a user known as IUSR_. You will have to determine the exact username by looking at the users listed on the server. The IUSR_ user needs full control of the acatalog directory in order for SellerDeck Ecommerce to work.

The full list is:
    1) FTP User should have Traverse, List, Read Attributes, Read Extended Attributes, Create File, Create Folder, and Read Permissions.
    2) IIS user (named IUSR_) should have Traverse, List, Read Attributes, Read Extended Attributes, Create File, Create Folder and Read Permissions.
    3) The special owner "CREATOR/OWNER" should have Full Control.
    Set these permissions as inheritable.
Working...
X