Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I run my SellerDeck site in a custom frame?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I run my SellerDeck site in a custom frame?

If you are just browsing products, then SellerDeck will run with no problems within an existing custom frame.

However, you must ensure that the frame set file is on the SAME domain (web site) as the SellerDeck store. If you do not do this then Internet Explorer will stop your SellerDeck store from working because it will treat the SellerDeck shopping cart cookie as a 'third party cookie' and customers will not be able to add products to their shopping cart.The same will happen if you are accessing the store via a different URL than the one that is in your network settings.

Also, there are potential difficulties when you go get to the point of making payments in the checkout as no SSL padlock will appear within the browser if the secure pages are being viewed through a non-secure frame.

The best way to avoid this problem is to check where it says 'Remove Custom Frame in Checkout' in 'Design | Design Options'. This will mean that any frames will be removed at the start of the checkout phase.

In the 'URL for Completed and Aborted Checkout' field you can then put the URL for your frameset document. Therefore whenever anybody leaves the checkout for whatever reason, the frameset will be restored.
Working...
X