Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want my user definable field in the checkout to be a check box rather than a tex...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want my user definable field in the checkout to be a check box rather than a tex...

I want my user definable field in the checkout to be a check box rather than a text field.

This is a neat trick that will turn any text field in the checkout into a check box. This will extend the ability of your SellerDeck store to take different types of information, and the responses will still look meaningful in the printed reports.

This example is based on the 'User Definable' field in the 'Invoice Address' part of the checkout.

Go to 'Design | Text | Web Site (cont) | Invoice Address' and select the 'Show' box next to the 'Invoice User Defined' field.

Next change 'Checkout Page 1' in the 'Select Page Type' field in the 'Design' tab.

Click on the 'User Definable' text (or whatever you have changed it to).

Locate the following line:
    HTML Code:
    <input type="Text" name="INVOICEUSERDEFINED" value="CHECKED" <Actinic:Variable Name="InvoiceUserDefined"/>>
    This is the code for the user defined field, and by default it is a text field.

Change the above code to read:
    HTML Code:
    <input type="checkbox" name="INVOICEUSERDEFINED" value="CHECKED" <Actinic:Variable Name="InvoiceUserDefined"/>>
    This will turn the text field into a check box. This will stay checked if a customer leaves the invoice address page and then re-enters it for any reason. The value that will appear in the order processing reports to indicate whether the customer ticked the box is the word 'CHECKED'.
Working...
X