Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I take customers straight to the checkout from a specific section that uses a ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I take customers straight to the checkout from a specific section that uses a ...

Can I take customers straight to the checkout from a specific section that uses a single add to cart button?

Yes, this solution will take customers straight to the checkout after adding product to the cart from a page with a shopping mode of 'Quantity on Product Page' with a single add to cart button per page. This is set in the 'Page Settings' tab of the section.

To begin, you need to create a new user-definable variable called 'GoDirectToCheckout' which you can use to control which sections will take the customer directly to the checkout after adding to cart.

1. Go to 'Design | Library | Variables'.

2. Right-click on the 'Section' group and select 'New Variable'.

3. Give it a name of 'GoDirectToCheckout'.

4. Give it a prompt of 'Take Customer Directly To Checkout?'.

5. Under 'Place Of Setting' select 'Section'.

6. De-select 'Allow <Use Parent> as an Option'.

7. Under 'Type' select 'True/False'.

8. Set 'Initial Value' and 'Top Level Value' both to 'False'.

9. Click 'OK' and close the library.

10. You are now ready to include the code in your design.

11. Set up a section with a 'Shopping Mode' of 'Single Add To Cart Button' where you want to take customers directly to the checkout after adding to cart.

12. Change to the 'Design' tab.

13. Click on the single 'add to cart button' in the design.

In the layout code for the single 'add to cart' button, copy and paste the following code:
    HTML Code:
    <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22GoDirectToCheckout%22%20%2f%3e%20%3d%3d%20true">
    <input type="hidden" name="ACTION" value="<actinic:variable name="CheckoutButton" />">
    <input type="hidden" name="CHECKOUTURL" value="<actinic:variable name="OrderLinkText" />" target="_self">
    </actinic:block>
    Now for any section where you want to take your customers directly to the shopping cart after adding to cart, go to the 'Properties' tab of the section and set 'Take Customer Directly To The Checkout?' to 'True'.

Update the site and test.
Working...
X