No announcement yet.

Business Plus synchronization server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a well documented bug with the sync server.

Actinic sent some user a test to see if there fix worked but would only work with actinic 9.01 installed. They are planning I belive to release an revised 9.02 maintence release which will fix this problem ASAP.

I guess we all have to be a little patient

if you change back to standalone mode you can update the site etc but until the do the 9.02 fix multi-user will be very tempermental
    David Mawson
    Phoenix Trading

http://www.sweetswholesale.co.uk - Wholesale confectionery suppliers

Comment

Has any one heard any more about this

I got an email on Friday saying that they were having to work a a few problems but a fix would to available shortly.

Tried calling support yesterday but still waiting for a call back
      David Mawson
      Phoenix Trading

Comment

Not heard a peep from support since I logged the problem 10 days ago.

I did exchange emails with Chris B who as ever apologised for the problem and assured me they are working on it.

Comment

yeah I have been dealing with him as well but from his autoresponder he is now on annual leave.

guess we will just have to weight
          David Mawson
          Phoenix Trading

Comment

Tracey,

My apologies for not having replied to you, I have to admit that I have been looking at potential issues on our own network as it did originally appear that the problems we were having were unique to us.

To answer your question, the problem with the sync server happens when the machine with the data base and sync server is logged onto and then logged off again - this appears to stop the sync service. It will then not function again until the service is manually restarted or the machine rebooted.

I have now checked thoroughly the local network - and upgraded it to a cabled system where previoulsy we were wireless - this has greatly improved the speed, but the problem remains.

many thanks

Comment

Hi Alistair,

when the machine with the data base and sync server is logged onto and then logged off again - this appears to stop the sync service.
              This was identified as an issue and has been fixed in 9.0.2 so I would suggest that you upgrade.
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
                This was identified as an issue and has been fixed in 9.0.2 so I would suggest that you upgrade.
                I wouldn't bother "upgrading" to 902 because we are getting sync server problems with that. Read above.

Comment

The mod did solve our problems with 9.0.1 though
                  Chris Ashdown

Comment

Tracey,

As others have suggested we are still unable to get it working correctly - half the time we are unable to log on at all.

This 'fix' has not made any difference at all, we either get the same original message indicating that the sync service has stopped on the sync machine or a message just stating that

"Communication with the synchronization server has failed. You must restart Actinic"

Please sort this issue out - it is basically preventing us using the software at all.

Comment

Hi Alistair,

I've asked our development team if there is anything else we can do before the 9.0.3 build comes out with the mod that Chris is talking about.
                      Tracey
                      SellerDeck

Comment

A new 9.0.2 build with the modification is being tested at the moment and all being well should be released very soon.
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

Are there any upsdates on the solution to this problem, it failed on me 17 times in one afternoon on Saturday ?

many thanks

Comment

Tomorrow, a new build of 9.0.2 will be released, which should deal with the majority of issues experienced by multi-user customers. The issue was a bug in the Microsoft build environment we use to compile our software, so we've upgraded all our systems over the last few days to a new service pack and rebuilt the software. This is the only change in the 9.0.2 release, there are no other bug fixes.

Comment

Chris,

Thanks for the information - I shall post my findings when it is installed.

Comment

As Chris Dicken has said, a version of 9.0.2 will be released tomorrow with a major fix for sync server problems.

We have also discovered some other issues with the sync server, including one which we found with internal testing, but which has never been reported from the field. These problems all occur much less frequently than the one fixed in tomorrow's release, and some have work-arounds. They will all be fixed in the next major release, 9.0.3.

I'm hoping that people won't experience any problems after tomorrow, but they may. I will be posting a summay of the other issues here on Wednesday. It's being compiled for me at the moment and I'm out tomorrow.

Regards,
                                Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X