windows 7 issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

windows 7 issue

actinic will hang when creating products/sub sections or sections on the client pc under windows 7
    downloading orders under windows 7 is ok

have raised this with support who have advised that actinic is not yet windows 7 compliant

doesn't help us with a new windows 7 pc our multi user set up as there is no work around yet.

Giving that windows 7 has been available for testing for well over a year I am surprised that actinic have not yet tested multi user. Wait for the customers to report the bugs first then fix them!

wes
    Treasure Island Sweets

Originally posted by wesleythorne View Post
    actinic will hang when creating products/sub sections or sections on the client pc under windows 7
    downloading orders under windows 7 is ok

have raised this with support who have advised that actinic is not yet windows 7 compliant

doesn't help us with a new windows 7 pc our multi user set up as there is no work around yet.

Giving that windows 7 has been available for testing for well over a year I am surprised that actinic have not yet tested multi user. Wait for the customers to report the bugs first then fix them!

wes
    Hi Wes,

We have been testing Windows 7 substantially since the first beta hit the streets, this includes multi user.

While our lab conditions and your environment will be different we are confident everything is running as it should. I am running a multi user environment with three Windows 7 machines.

Ben
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

hi, i uploaded a snapshot for support on Friday, support told me that actinic have only just started testing windows 7
      At this time our new pc with windows 7 is unable to add or change products/sections when logged in under multi user.
      Actinc hangs, i spent quite some time going through it all with support on Friday

support seemed to think it was something to do with the yellow and blue icon that is showing on actinic, as it it is not windows 7 compliant.
      We switched off this setting in user accounts but it made no difference.
      wes
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Originally posted by wesleythorne View Post
        hi, i uploaded a snapshot for support on Friday, support told me that actinic have only just started testing windows 7
        At this time our new pc with windows 7 is unable to add or change products/sections when logged in under multi user.
        Actinc hangs, i spent quite some time going through it all with support on Friday

support seemed to think it was something to do with the yellow and blue icon that is showing on actinic, as it it is not windows 7 compliant.
        We switched off this setting in user accounts but it made no difference.
        wes
        The yellow and blue thing is User Access Control (UAC), it should work as it did with Vista.

I am obviously very interested if you are having specific issues with Windows 7, can you email me the support details and I'll investigate further. However, as previously mentioned we have been testing it for a long time. I personally started using it in January 2009, build 7000.
        Benjamin Dyer
        CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

hi our support ref is 200175
          We uploaded a snapshot on friday via bigmail
          I have emailed support this morning for them to email me their ftp details as it looks like the snapshot has not arrived. I can ftp it to you.

Are set up is
          Master actinic installed on xp pro
          Client actinic for order processing installed on Windows 7

Both machines running actinic 9.05 business plus
          Kind Regards
          Wesley
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

We are using Multi-User 7.5. Uploads work fine from an XP machine but a Windows 7 machine in compatibility mode for XP SP2 will not upload. It fails when generating the first section pages.

Comment

Does your XP Mode virtual machine have internet access? Can you get on the internet in the browser XP Mode? If not then check the virtual machine network settings- there was a post the other day with similar issues and the poster changed then settings to bridge and it worked fine after that.

Comment

Working...
              X