Placement of sync server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Placement of sync server

Would the placement of the sync server slow down transfer rate.

We have a master licence set up on our inhouse server but not normally used and have the sync server running full time on that server by making it a manual start and always on

Now when we down load from other networked workstations sometimes the downloads are fast sometimes drag like paint drying

At all times if we flash up the network server's copy of actinic and download from their it downloads like greased lightning

I did notice before we had the server and ran it as an ethernet based peer o peer system using four or five computers , that downloads always worked much faster from my computer(the master with the sync running from it) than the other ones.

So question is,is the sync server the slowest part of the system and if so can it's speed be increased by either moving it or mods or am i jumping to the wrong conclusion once again
    Chris Ashdown

Thought at least someone from actinic could answer. C Dixon used to answer all unanswered posts after 24-48 hours, has actinic left it all to the moderators instead of answering themselves
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
    X