Additional User on Laptop - remote access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Additional User on Laptop - remote access

Had a recent problem when we tried to setup the laptop for use whilst away from the office.

Using Business Plus V10.0.2 with one additional user license.

The main PC in the office holds the shared database and the laptop accesses the sites directory on the PC via LAN.

So when the laptop is away from the office i.e not connected to the LAN; on opening Actinic is says (obviously) cannot connect to sites directory.

I had to copy the sites folder from the main pc to the laptop and point Actinic to this for it to work. In the process of doing this Actinic on the laptop asked me for the user licence key, as if I was installing it from new.

In the end we did not open Actinic whilst away as we could not get wifi access. On returning to the office I had to reverse everything I had done.

Does anyone use Actinic as an additional user remotely from the main PC?

And what is the correct process for managing this?
    Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

would you not be better off using something like LogMeIn for your remote access?

We sometimes do (as do many others) and it seems a popular option
    Tracey

Comment

Thanks for the reply Tracy. But, correct me if i'm wrong, I think you must leave the main PC turned on to use thes types of service.

We are planning to be away for long periods and don't want to leave things fired-up in the office.
      Regards,

Keith

Central Heating Supplies | Life Insurance Quotes | Be Modern Orlando Electric Fires | Grant Boilers | Honeywell Heating Controls | Worcester Bosch Oil Boilers | Oil Boilers

Comment

Do you have a user that is still accessing the site when you go away? I gather not if the PC will not be on.

If you don't then take a snapshot of the site and load it on your laptop when you go away and when you return you take a snapshot from the laptop to the main PC.

Comment

Working...
        X