Slow order download Multi User Users workstations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow order download Multi User Users workstations

I reported this problem to actinic in V9 and they said they had found the problem, suprised to find not solved 3 updates latter V9.0.5 to V10.0.3

Problem is if you download from the inhouse server copy of actinic the order downloading is fast as normal, If you try to download orders from other workstations it's slower and on some days vertually stops with about a minute to download a singe order. Just pot luck how it downloads

Using V10.0.3 with 1 gig ethernet links
    Chris Ashdown

Hi Chris

We are having this problem and it seems to be getting worse - taken 3 hours to download orders this am.

I spoke to support about half an hour ago and they told me

a) we had too many orders in our system - need to export and purge. Do other people do this?
    b) It would be our host that was the problem and we should look if ther are .ord and .ordx files in our host and delete them.

I don't like deleting things!

We are also using 10.0.3 and also have a 1 gig switch.

Donna
    Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

I must admit we were hording a good few thousand orders on actinic, but when I deleted them a couple of weeks ago I can honestly say we have seen no difference at all, be it uploading, compacting or snapshot, so I think the orders may only take a couple of seconds to do anything with anyway,

Reduced the database from 47,341 KB to 27,917 KB

It's just they make no money solving bugs so concentrate on selling new versions, not realising thats loads of potential customers come to this site and look at all the bugs and go elsewhere to buy, delaying a new version by two months could fix a awfull number of bugs
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
      X