Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multi user question... stock control

Here's the scenario.

Myself and my partner are both working across a number of sites using Business Plus. I understand how to set up one of the PCs as the host in order to share the data and also how to set up the stock control synchronisation.

Is their a way of maintaining synchronisation... and more importantly stock control if I were to work on one of the sites 'offsite' as it were and not be connected.

How would this work? If at all? Am assuming that as soon as I fire up Actinic it will not be able to locate the data folder (obviously).

Would it be possible to work on a snapshot or something?

Say i add a load of new products to the site and/or add new stock to products. How will this update the original file if I import this amended file back?

People sometimes add new products / change product details in a spreadsheet and then import that into Actinic to update things.

Using a snapshot wouldn't really work because when you reimported it, the existing product details would be updated and so any changes made while you were editing offline so to speak would be lost.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan

You mean any synchronisation in the stock levels would be lost?

How would editing on a spreadsheet be different... can you update only product details and leave stock levels untouched?

Comment

Yes, you can update product information by importing only the required fields. If you don't update the stock fields then they would remain the same as they were.

Comment

Working...
        X