No announcement yet.

"Communication with the synchronization server has failed. You must restart "

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Communication with the synchronization server has failed. You must restart "

I have been using V10.4 Multi User since Jan but have only now started to use this function. I get the above error message on the host machine where the database is stored. It's running Windows 7. I have read and tried all the suggestions (ports, turned off firewall, etc) but to no avail. If I run the server on an XP machine there is no problem. I have re-installed and also run the program on my home PC which is also running Win7 and have same issue.

So to me there is something in Windows 7 creating havoc with the sync server. Any thoughts please would be appreciated. Thanks! Steve

Hi Steve

I've experienced a similar problem setting up version 9 in a Windows Server 2008 environment with XP desktops. It was a while ago, so I can't remember the exact resolution, but it turned out to be a firewall issue in the end (as I recall, even though we thought we'd ruled out the firewall, it turns out we hadn't).

Not much help I know, but I would suggest looking at your firewall configuration again.

Regards

Nick
    Ecommerce & Online Marketing Consultant

www.blueeggconsultancy.co.uk

Comment

Hello Stephen

As Nick has suggested, the usual suspect is Firewall and allowing the required ports through it, but I understand you have already tried this routine. Could you check if the anti-virus might be causing any trouble?
      We have extensively tested the multi-user environment in multiple OS, especially Win7, both 32 and 64-bit machines.
      I suggest contacting Actinic support for further advice.

Regards
      Krithika Chandrasekar
      SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks for your replies.

I have contacted US support (I am based in USA but my company is in UK) and they are looking into this. I have uninstalled all anti-virus software as well as disabling Win7 firewall. I also turned on the firewall and opened the needed ports as per this forum and support. Still no joy. I have gotten around the problem for the time being by installing the program in XP Mode on my Win7 machine and is working ok but a bit slow. This is a band-aid fix (or plasters as they say in the UK) to say the least.

Thanks again for your assistance!!

Steve

Comment

Hi Steve

We run a full copy of actinic v10 on the server and also run the sync server as always on
          Control Panel
          Admin Tools
          Services
          Actinic sync
          And make it always on

The reason we do this is that if the master computer is not always on first then each machine will search untill it finds a sync or opens it up on itself

But the main reason is if you download orders from the master machine they take a few seconds to download, yet if you download from a workstation they take a year and a half, Actinic told be they new what the problem was in V9.2 but never fixed it to my knowledge
          Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
          X