Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Synchronisation server driving me to distraction...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Synchronisation server driving me to distraction...

Hi

Having MAJOR problems with the synchronisation server. Can't call tech support till Monday but hoped to find some help on here first.

We have 2 laptops and run them at the office on an ethernet network and also at home via a wireless network.

we just moved house this last week and when trying to connect via our new router I couldn't connect to the sync server from the 'slave' laptop.

So I did some searching to see what could be done. I amended the catalog Db with the new IP address for the main laptop. After restarting all the machines and Actinic i was able to connect. But only for a short period of time. All of a sudden I would get the 'Can't connect to server error' again.

Did some more searching and found a post on the forums here which suggested

Turn off the notifications to IP address
    Changed the IP address in the DB to the name of the PC holding the sync server

Now i have an even worse problem... the 'master' laptop has problems with the sync server (huh?). i can open Actinic and log in as Admin, but if I try to open an order I get the dreaded 'communication with the sync server has failed'

I've reset the IP address back to the original... still no joy.

Would it be ok to revert the site back to standa lone mode?

Or what about just relicensing a new site and importing a saved snapshot?

TBH, very disappointed with multi-user. had no end of trouble trying to get it work across home and work networks :-(

Hello Maria

Sorry to hear about the issues with Multi-user. Have you been able to contact support this morning? I have mailed my colleague in the support team as well to take a look.

Regards
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
    X