Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error on new network connection - Communication with syncronisation server has failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on new network connection - Communication with syncronisation server has failed

It was a long time ago that I found that after installing VMWare Workstation, I would get the sync failed = cannot use Sellerdeck.

The solution :
    VMWare creates two new network connections:
    VMWare Network Adapter - VMnet1
    VMWare Network Adapter - VMnet8
    both are enabled
    I have to disable both, and then Sellerdeck works.

Looking at the settings, the "VMWare had Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)" ticked - problem remains even unticking this.

Note, this problem doesn't happen with Hyper-V created Virtual Switch Connections...

I was a little disappointed when we moved to SQL that this sync program is still used - I thought SQL somehow managed users aswell...

Anyway, today I had another workstation give this error message...
    When I checked the Network Adapters, there was a new one:
    Ethernet 3 - TomTom
    The user plugged in their TomTom device and somehow created a new network connection.
    When I disabled this, then Sellerdeck works.

I thought it was only VMWare that caused this, now TomTom is in the list.

- if we needed those new connections, this will be a problem = cannot use Sellerdeck at all.

Screenshot of the error message = I just enabled my VMWare Network Adapter, problem remains - we are on SQL v18.02
    Attached Files

I don't know a lot about this, but the error normally occurs when something changes the IP address of the host PC. Connecting to a VPN can trigger it, or switching between ethernet and wifi. I'm not sure if there is a workaround, Support may be able to advise.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
    X