Sage Business Cloud, Linking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sage Business Cloud, Linking

We continue to use Sage 50 Cloud and whether remote or linked directly to the database, it has improved in terms of stability and reliability, and we do have it working with Sellerdeck Link most of the time. However Sage continue to develop their Cloud offering, Sage One, or Business Cloud - and I have heard that in the coming months it should have the same functionality as Sage 50 Cloud Professional, with full POP and SOP, etc. I wonder how many Sellerdeck Users are already using it?

We are not jumping to it but need to assess that software in line with what connects, and how well, so we can develop a strategy. What are Sellerdeck's Plans for linking to it in the future?

Jeff
    Jeff Nurse
    Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
    Office Design & Furniture Solutions
    www.aerofoil.net

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for asking the question as this is an important area for many Sellerdeck customers.

When Sellerdeck chooses a partnership it has a list of criteria that must be met; the purpose of this approach is to ensure a strong and long standing relationship that benefits our customers.

Today, the potential integration with Sage Cloud is still under consideration.

Thanks
    Josh
    Josh Barling
    CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

Hi Josh,

Sage are pushing hard with the development of their Sage Business Cloud, rather than the Sage 50 cloud product. It's a year since I posted above and wondered what is your position now with regards developing links to it?

Regards
      Jeff
      Jeff Nurse
      Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
      www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post
        Hi Jeff,

Thanks for asking the question as this is an important area for many Sellerdeck customers.

When Sellerdeck chooses a partnership it has a list of criteria that must be met; the purpose of this approach is to ensure a strong and long standing relationship that benefits our customers.

Today, the potential integration with Sage Cloud is still under consideration.

Thanks
        Josh
        Sage Business Cloud Software
        Please can you advise if there is any progress with the idea of linking to Sage Business Cloud. It's been sixteen months since I originally asked? We haven't switched yet, as without a link to Sellerdeck there is no point at present, but it's under consideration. We have had to recommit to the usual Sage50 Cloud for another year.

Sellerdeck Link Update
        And on that point, Sage have launched version 28 of Sage50 Cloud and we keep declining to upgrade (it's included). Has this new V28 been tested with the Sellerdeck Link yet please, and if not, what is the timescale for an update?

Thanks
        Jeff
        Jeff Nurse
        Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
        www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Hi Jeff,

The updated Sage Link should be released before the end of this week. We'll update the downloads page on our website and send out an email communication once its ready.

At the moment, we haven't added an integration with Sage Cloud to our development road map, the main reason for this is demand. There hasn't been a high demand for an integration with Sage Cloud and as it requires a complete rebuild, its a significant undertaking.

Thanks, Josh
          Josh Barling
          CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Hi Josh,

Thank you for the updates. That's positive news on the updated Sage link thanks, and will mean we can install the upgrade that we have from Sage.

Concerning Sage Cloud, I'm just trying to be proactive but appreciate the work that must be involved. However, as Sage continue to develop their full Cloud product, I'm sure it won't be long before they drop or cease to develop Sage 50 Cloud. Personally, I want to ensure we are prepared if and when this occurs.

Thanks, Jeff
            Jeff Nurse
            Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
            www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Hi Jeff,

I agree that its a situation you need to be mindful of. We have a large number of customers using Sage 50 and I believe Sage will continue to service those customers for some time. My understanding of the Cloud version is that its difficult to migrate your data and settings and requires a lot of work to get it right. That is usually a big barrier to migrations and means the tail of users still having Sage 50 will be long.

I would be surprised if they sunset it anytime soon, but I can't be certain of that.

Thanks, Josh
              Josh Barling
              CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Hi All,

Just to update you, there has been some issues with Sage Link which has caused delays in the public release.

We are expecting launch early next week.

Thanks, Josh
                Josh Barling
                CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Thanks for the update
                  Phil Howell
                  Director
                  Intuition Un Ltd
                  www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
                  Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
                  www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
                  www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
                  www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

Thanks for keeping us informed Josh.
                    Jeff Nurse
                    Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
                    www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Following the post above, please can you update us on the release of the Sage Link.
                      Thanks
                      Jeff
                      Jeff Nurse
                      Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
                      www.aerofoil.net

Comment

We have a new version of the Sage Link that supports Sage v28, it is in the final stages of testing and we hope to be able to release it in the next few days.
                        Bruce Townsend
                        Ecommerce Product Manager
                        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thanks Bruce
                          Jeff Nurse
                          Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
                          www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Happy New Year Everyone

Please can we have an update on the release of the Sage Link as it is now become very urgent for us.

Sage 50 has managed to update itself on one of our machines and I'm now forced to update all other machines, otherwise I can't access the Sage data. I kept putting this off as once upgraded to V28 it won't work with the current version of Sage Link, now I don't have a choice.

Regards
                            Jeff
                            Jeff Nurse
                            Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
                            www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Any update on this please Josh, Bruce? I understand you have had some issues but please can you put a timescale on this release?
                              Jeff Nurse
                              Managing Director

Aerofoil Design
                              www.aerofoil.net

Comment

Working...
                              X