What a load of Rubbish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a load of Rubbish

Just tried to order a new key for sage link and forced to answer about 20 questions to try and get this top secret key, has someone gone daft at sellerdeck or what, if they do not know what keys they have issued over the past 7 years then there in a sorry state

It obviously looks like sometime soon they are going to charge for the link and give everyone a good excuse not to upgrade to the lattest sellerdeck software

I cannot even understand why we have to wait for keys, the whole thing needs lookin at
    Chris Ashdown

Hi Chris,

Sorry that you've found this a painful experience. I'm not familiar with the details of this registration process but I will point out your post to the person responsible.

We already charge for the Sage key where people don't have Cover. This is because Sage in their wisdom change things every year so that we have to do some development, and they charge us for the privilege of doing so. We have no plans to charge Cover customers separately for the Sage Link.

We do track keys, but it's quite a manual process and currently keys are stored in a monster spread sheet. There's actually a development going on at the moment to automate our key tracking, so hopefully in the future there will be some improvements in the interface with our customers in this area.

The historical reason for only releasing upgrade keys slowly was that if everyone tried to upgrade at once, it overwhelmed our support line.

Hope some of that makes some sort of sense.

Chris

Comment

The reason was the form that appeared asked for every password for every item we have with actinic including 7 business plus passwords along with master password and link ones

Even the simpler form nick'y sent me to fill in ask's for the email address to log you in as a contract customer and then makes you enter it again twice more to order something that is free

"Kiss" Keep it simple stupid is a well known phrase that could well be applied here
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Thanks for the comments Chris. After we have completed the keys development it should be possible to simply log in and then request updates.

Chris

Comment

Working...
        X