No announcement yet.

Sage Link Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Ben and Sarah, i really appreciate your time.

Can either of you shed any light on why Sarah can do what Ben cannot, as in get sales orders?

Comment

Probably because Sarah understands what she's doing, whereas I'm a numpty.
      Ben
      http://www.fairygoodies.co.uk

Comment

All my settings are standard

I sent up Sellerdeck and Sage Link with the standard settings. In Sellerdeck you click Business Settings: Order Processing. Tick Bypass order processing. Tick the 3 boxes for report and export options, and click button for Export Options and enter urls. Save.

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by Fairyglass View Post
          A note for support- It would be really useful if Sellerdeck were to write a detailed manual for this product- I know it's designed to facilitate information movement into a non Sellerdeck product, but it's a key reason we committed to both Sellerdeck and Sage in the first place, and I do feel it should be better supported, so these sorts of questions don't arise.
          I'll second that one!

I've just got Link Installed & I'm trying to figure things out. The primary reason for Link & Sage was for automated purchase order generation & acceptance, to save on time & cut down on errors, this will be handled in Sage & shouldn't be that difficult, but I'm struggling to understand the product side of things...

I had hoped to continue creating products in SD, mainly as it's what I'm used to, but while product transfer from Sage to SD is a feature, I'm not seeing any way of transferring products from SD to Sage. I had contemplated getting the products into Sage via a SD export & while that would be pretty simple for the initial transfer, I'm struggling to see how it would work on an on-going basis when products were modified or created in SD?

Any insight very much appreciated (I can't see a Smilie for beg).
          Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Transferring data from SD to Sage

The only data that we transfer from Sellerdeck into Sage are stock figures.

When a new product arrives, we enter it first in Sage: Products, giving it a code. We then enter it in Sellerdeck, using the same code. One can instead export the product from Sage into Sellerdeck, but we prefer to do this manually (it would export products that we do not want on that website, as we have one Sage for 5 websites). We did the export originally when first starting with Sellerdeck/Actinic in 2004, as there were a lot of products to put on at once.

Sarah

Comment

Thanks for getting back with that saucysal.

I can live with creating matching products in both, just didn't really want Sage taking over all product creation.

I'm thinking that sage will handle duplicates & components without much trouble as they are referred back to the original product?

leehack

I noticed you query about product references being prefixed by a manufacturers code (HOTABC123). This is something that I was wondering about for creating supplier PO's in Sage - if it's of any use I believe that product can be assigned to supplier in Sage, allowing reports & PO generation to be carried out by supplier rather than by product code selections.
              Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

Thanks Martin. Mine was because we run two sites and every product in Sage is prefixed with 3 letters which denote the manufacturer of the products, so if for example we list all hotpoint products on one site, in Sage they are all prefixed with HOT, then the code.

What i had before i changed, was on the site it was ABC123, but in Sage it was HOTABC123. I've now changed the site to match Sage and staff are creating codes in Sage as they get orders where they are not set up. Shortly i will run a report between what is on site and what is not set up in sage and make sure Sage has them all.

We find the prefix in sage very useful for running reports or looking for tools while things are still input manually, once the link is in use, having product refs matching will of course make our life easier.

Cheers

Comment

Product Codes, Supplier Reports etc

Sage and Sellerdeck between them can handle product components etc; Sage has the actual products, and in Sellerdeck these can be hidden products as part of a main product with choices which is not hidden, and does not have a matching code in Sage. Thus stock can be controlled.

In Sage, when you enter a new product, or edit later, there is a place to enter the supplier. This enables you to bring up easily all products from that supplier.

We put a prefix in front of products to denote a particular group of products, not related to a supplier, as an additional aid, such as AL in front of Avidlite products, AHP for AvidHiPro, AK for Avidknit, X for Avidstitch (cross stitch), JB for JillyBakes, etc. These codes are the same in Sellerdeck.

Sarah

Comment

Working...
                  X