Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Authorization Key for Second User

Hello,

We have Sellerdeck 2016 Business installed on two computers and have two authorization keys. We want 2 users working on the same website/database simultaneously. However, Sellerdeck won't allow more than one user on.

After further investigation, we found that the second computer was installed using the same Authorization Key as the main computer. We need to change this to the second key, but do not see an option to do it.

I've done some research on the forums, and found an old post that resolved this by changing the authorization key in the Registry:

Changing License Key

However, I cannot find the path "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Actinic\Catalog8\Sites\[Site name]\Catalog" on my computer.

Is there a way to change the Authorization key once it's been entered? We really want to avoid doing a re-install as this takes time and requires a lot of setting up. Any help you give will be very appreciated. Thank you in advance!
    JP Automation, Inc. Distributor of factory automation, process heat and controls equipment: www.jpautomationinc.com
    Dakswan Automation. Controls panel design & fabrication and special wiring and engineering solutions: www.dakswan.com

I suggest you contact support for help with this, after SD2013 this has changed.

Comment

Try Housekeeping / Upgrade. This lets you change the Authorization Key.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
        Try Housekeeping / Upgrade. This lets you change the Authorization Key.
        Thank you for your suggestions! I tried doing this, but now it's coming up with an error (see attachment). Is this because I used Upgrade ? the license key should be correct. Also, it won't even let me change it back to the original Authorization Key. I assume the only option now is to re-install?
        Attached Files
        JP Automation, Inc. Distributor of factory automation, process heat and controls equipment: www.jpautomationinc.com
        Dakswan Automation. Controls panel design & fabrication and special wiring and engineering solutions: www.dakswan.com

Comment

I just did a re-install and it's still coming up with the same error:

You cannot connect to your local machine with this license!

Comment

Working...
          X