Errors- Setting Global Variables and 3320Function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Errors- Setting Global Variables and 3320Function

I have just installed EPOS following the installation instructions. Most things are working.

I get two errors on startup of the app which are:

"Error setting global variables from main database"

and

"3320Function is not available in expressions in table-level validation expression"

I click OK and get the login dialog, and I can log on using 1234.

I can use all the buttons to access the system, except sales, which shows an egg timer on click then doesn't appear to do anything else.

I have re-installed and followed th advice given to the Bev thread, but I still have the same problem.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Colette

Hi Colette,

It sounds like you didn't choose the correct registry option when installing OPOS. Can you uninstall everything and reinstall and during the OPOS install, it should ask you to 'Select Registry File'. You will see two options:

- No registry file
    - Use registry file

Select 'Use registry file' and browse to 'C:\checkout\Opos 250e\Disk1\OposData.reg'

Let me know if this helps.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Reinstalled and used the reg file - same problem..

Hi,

I tried what you suggested and I had the same problem. I also got the same error message.

I have reinstalled several times now and I got the same result each time, so maybe something else is wrong with my platform?

I am running the software on a laptop with XP, with office 2003 installed (including Access 2003).

Thanks for any more advice.

Kind regards,

Colette

Comment

Hi Collette,

Sorry, I should also have mentioned that when you are prompted, you should select 'CCO (Common Control Object)' and also at the end of the installation you will be asked 'Do you use Parallel I/F' and you should select 'No' to this.

I apologise for missing this part.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Error list

Hi
          Would not be nice to have a 'full' list of errors with the correct 'do this?' like any good software Company does?

Do not tell me is not possible!!
          Ciao
          actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
          ;-]

Comment

This install issue will be fixed in the next release of the software.
            ________

Comment

Working...
            X