Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic EPOS.. Any good for me?

Hi,

I am planning on moving my company over to use a webshop, but it is very complicated with my setup (sage, actinic and storetrader epos) so I am looking for something easier - where I setup stock, descriptions, images etc in one location and then whether I sell online or in the shop it gets updated.

Basically, I want: Quickbooks <--> Actinic Epos & Actinic Business

Is this how epos works? Using quickbooks for stock control and customers, posting sales and what not, or is quickbooks not used at all with epos? Can you run EPOS and Actinic at the same time like I suggest?

also, how does the actinic epos use integrated EFT etc? Can actinic site & epos use the same merchant id etc? How does epos deal with VAT (e.g. the problem in Business where you cannot get proper rounded figures).

Thanks,
    Paul.

P.S. Is a new version of this due out anytime? Its as ugly as sin and compared to my current one will make the staff think we have gone back to the dark ages!!

Hi there

The intergration between Epos and Ecomerce is currently in development at the moment, so I cant really give any advice on how this work until it is closer to being released.

Actinic Epos does have intergrated EFT, the payment provider is called Yespay, although this is not currently intergrated with the Ecomerce software.

Sorry to be a bit vague - but the answers to your questions will be better answered when the intergration between Epos and Ecomerce is fully functional.

Comment

Hi James, Sorry for the delay in responding, I hadnt noticed a reply!

I note you said

intergration between Epos and Ecomerce
      Does this mean that you are dropping the link with quickbooks/sage or was that a mistype? e.g. will it actually be the back end software where everything is added and then epos/actinic both take it and do their own thing. Could you clarify which it is:

A: Quickbooks <--> Actinic Business <--> Epos
      B: Epos <--> Quickbooks <--> Actinic Business
      C: Quickbooks <--> Epos <--> Actinic Business

Also, just out of interest with the epos side, can I have multiple barcodes per one product (for example, duracell batteries have 5 or 6 barcodes in use).

Any idea on a time frame for this? I really need to move away from my current setup and if I have just an inkling then it will stop me going elsewhere.

I would also like to offer us up for beta, I think we would be a good site - we have experience beta testing for another epos firm and we are quite technical as staff go <s>.

Thanks,
      Paul.

Comment

Does this mean that you are dropping the link with quickbooks/sage or was that a mistype? e.g. will it actually be the back end software where everything is added and then epos/actinic both take it and do their own thing. Could you clarify which it is:

A: Quickbooks <--> Actinic Business <--> Epos
        B: Epos <--> Quickbooks <--> Actinic Business
        C: Quickbooks <--> Epos <--> Actinic Business
        It will be A - i.e. Actinic will sit in between Epos and Quickbooks, passing information to both.

There will be no change to our existing Actinic Link products - they will be continued.

Also, just out of interest with the epos side, can I have multiple barcodes per one product (for example, duracell batteries have 5 or 6 barcodes in use).
        Yep - this is supported as standard.
        Any idea on a time frame for this? I really need to move away from my current setup and if I have just an inkling then it will stop me going elsewhere.
        We have just finished coding it - which means there will be a period of internal de-bugging before we pass it to our for beta testing. We're talking weeks rather than months though. I've made a note that you want to join in on the beta program when the time comes.

Comment

Working...
        X