Date changed in EPOS.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Date changed in EPOS.

We have had several transactions show up as being made a long time before we ever started using EPOS. I have spoken to Actinic before about this but the problem does not appear to be going away.
    An example would be a transaction we had on the 3/11/06, reports as having happened on 11/3/06 - everything else on this day reports on the correct day. At the moment these are relatively easy to spot as we didn't start using EPOS until 20/10/06, but the longer we use it, the harder its going to be for us to spot them. Its going to affect our accounting too so we need a solution. I spoke to Gary@Actinic about this and he seemed to think it was a windows issue, and not a software issue, but we still need to know why its happening. Anyone else having problems like this?

Nick
    Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

This issue is still not resolved.

To recap, one (or maybe 2) of my transactions on 6/11/07, shows in my sales history as being made on 11/6/07. A brief check on one of my reports shows that this has happened at least 10 times this year as i'm showing 10 sales from before I was using this system!

Has anyone else experienced this?

Nick

Comment

Just spotted a trend - all of the transactions below happened in Nov/Dec 06 (06 I think), but are showing as being on the 11th and 12th of various different months - and as this problem has just reappeared again, and its November, is it fair to assume that this is only a problem in the 11th & 12th months of the year (when we are busiest!!)

12/10/2006 Thursday
      11/10/2006 Wednesday
      12/09/2006 Tuesday
      12/05/2006 Friday
      12/03/2006 Sunday
      11/03/2006 Saturday
      12/02/2006 Sunday
      11/02/2006 Saturday
      12/01/2006 Thursday

This is a massive problem.

Nick

Comment

Hi Nick,

I will get one of the EPOS support team members to call you as we will need your database to check the issue for you.

Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce,

Support have had the requested database files since your post, i've emailed to see how its going but have heard nothing.

You seem to be the person that gets things going - perhaps you could give someone a nudge?

By the way, who is our main contact for epos questions? Theres loads of queries being raised on the epos forum and very little input from Actinic at the mo.

Thanks,

Nick

Comment

Nick, was this issue resolved? I'm really quite keen to purchase this system but am slightly perturbed by the number of issues apparently still unresolved, especially such a fundemental one as getting the date right! That could really screw your VAT returns and end up with a fine greater than the cost of the software!

Comment

A possible solution to your problem. Check your regional settings for date/time formats (control panel/ regional and language settings)

From the web:

"Unfortunately, Microsoft tried to be too smart at helping Access accept dates. If you enter a date that is invalid for your local settings, Access spins the date around trying to find an interpretation that works. For example, with British dates in Control Panel, if you enter 10/13/01, Access realises there is no 13th month, and decides you must have intended 13-Oct-01. The results can be bizarre. The entry 02/29/01 should generate an error message that 2001 is not a leap year. It doesn't. Instead, Access plays with the entry and decides you must have intended Feb-1-2029 !!!

Aside from this madness (which cannot be turned off), just remember the user interface in Access uses the local Control Panel settings to interpret dates typed into the user interface."

It wouldn't take much from the developers to put a date check function to overcome these issues though.

Comment

The answer is 'sort of'.

I'm really sorry, but Actinic support have been very uninterested in this particular issue. I sent them the files requested (see Bruces post) and heard nothing - so I emailed, and still heard nothing - so I phoned and someone told me that it was a problem with my pc's settings (somewhere I had a box ticked in 'US format' rather than 'UK format'). I don't know whether this has resolved the issue because its really hard to tell when its happened.

Whats annoying is if it really was something as simple as that why couldn't someone have suggested it back in Nov 06 when I first raised the query (both on here and directly with support)

I've still had nothing back re the files I sent to Actinic to look at.

It would be wonderful if Actinic could formally respond to this issue so that I can come on here and say nice things about the product.

Comment

If you were concerned still regarding this might be worth doing an ascending "sort" on transaction id within a copy of your tranasction db, then have a scroll through, any date funnies should stick out..

Comment

We were writing at the same time!

Whats particularly annoying is that it was Actinic that installed my equipment - I guess they can't check everything though.

Thanks for taking the time to suggest a solution - which I think was the solution.

Comment

I added this issue to the wish list, even including the VB code to automatically change the windows locale settings to the correct ones...lets hope they implement.

Comment

Working...
                      X