Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If pack size is set to 1 (i.e number of items per pack = 1) when adding a product for the first time, then for all other processes relevant to that product, the options should be greyed relating to number in pack.
    For instance, as a company where each product is 1 pack and 1 pack conatins 1 item of stock, it becomes quickly tiresome on stock entry having to enter pack numbers and singles numbers.
    Likewise there is no need for pack numbers/single numbers in the reports when items are supplied/sold as 1 per pack.

Comment

On stock in, quick scan, the mouseover help on the top box is incorrect and relates to box beneath it.

Comment

Thanks for these James - I have reported a bug for the last one and added the rest to the wish list.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
          Thanks for these James - I have reported a bug for the last one and added the rest to the wish list.
          Well, It has certainly speeded up Business with the 'Manage Stock in EPOS' enabled.....a lot better than it was

Well done
          www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

Comment

Failures in Customer search

When I put Carol into the customer search I get a weird option. there is another name that brings up something funny too, can't remember what that is
            http://www.threadsandpatches.co.uk

Comment

workaround

How do i workaround the hidden items please, it keeps telling me to order them.

Also how do I use access to tidy up?

I don't have access, is there another way of doing this?

It's driving us potty at the minute as we are trying to automate our stock ordering but it keeps telling us to order deleted products.

Pete

Comment

Hi,

How do i workaround the hidden items please, it keeps telling me to order them
                Set the minimum stock level to something like "-1000" on the hidden items

Also how do I use access to tidy up?
                I don't have access, is there another way of doing this?
                You can use access to compact and repair databases but you have to have Access to do this - there is no other way.

but it keeps telling us to order deleted products
                How are you deleting products? You should only ever delete products through the 'Product File' and nowhere else in the software as that could result in not deleting the products correctly.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Under Ticket printing, have a button to select all products, or/and select all products from category, rather than having to lookup each product individually.

Also under ticket printing have the option to automatically upate the number of labels it prints based on the number of items you have in stock for that product.

Realise both of the above are more for people just starting out, but its a PITA without these simple things.

Also if i book stock in, does it automatically put those items and the quantity into the list ready for printing?

Comment

Put the option to tax exempt the entire sale during checkout.

Comment

Many thanks for these wish list suggestions. I have passed them on to the developers.

Comment

When cloning items, I generally clone because they are almost identical, just changing colour and bar code and product code, so could the clone please retain
                        a, all the categories not just top and no 1
                        b, the supplier / manufacturer
                        c, the cost and retail price, the option is there to change them but to pre fill would really speed things up

With regard to the accounts system, when using it as a loyalty scheme the following facilities would be useful, I hope they are already added to wish list but thought I would add them to this post so altogether

1. Generate a global statement telling you on a certain date how many points are waiting to be converted to cash.

2. Generate a global statement on a certain date telling you what you current cash liability is.

3. It would also be good if it was possible to produce a condensed report of which customers had redeemed what cash

4. If you would like some more ideas for the wishlist, I don't let my customers spend their 'free cash' until they have more than £5 so the ability to set a point at which you start looking at the customer would be useful, ie, print off a list of all the customers who currently have more than £10 worth of loyalty cash to spend, you could use this as a great marketing tool.

5. Also Is it possible to print on the receipt how what is left sitting in their accounts? or how many points they earned that visit (ie like Tesco's)?

I think the accounts section of EPOS could be a brilliant marketing tool - look what clubcard and nectar points have done for their respective companies. My customers love a loyalty scheme, we used to stamp a card, EPOS keeps better records, but now my customers don't know how many 'stamps / points' they have at any one time.
                        http://www.threadsandpatches.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Sally

I have passed this on to the development team.

Comment

Images or Icon on Buttons

I'm still playing with the demo of the new version before upgrading just to get a feel for the differences. I noticed in the help menu the 'Icon' part of the buttons menu still says reserved for future use.

When can we expect this feature - many of my screen are getting crowded and as I've seen on other similar epos systems they have got round this by adding images and an ability to resize any individual button (ideal for lines that are sold more frequently as they can be larger).

Comment

Link to Weigh Scales volume

Most of our sales are loose goods, (the customer selects their own), we then weigh them at the till I have checked the box that asks for price at scanning however this doesn't help with stock control or ordering and has pretty much denied me one of the great benefits of an EPOS system, simplified ordering!

As it stands if I buy 10kg of X and sell that item loose it doesn't matter whether the customer buys 10g, 100g, 181g or 918g as far as EPOS is concerned that sale is 1 unit so my stock count goes down by 1. I tend to program the stock count based on 100g units as per our pricing so 10kg would be in effect 100 units.

This also impacts on profit and loss because the value of the sale could be more or less than the cost item of the product according to EPOS.

Now I'm certain that to have a weigh scales system it has to be Trading Standards approved and again as I understand it this is an entire system not parts, for me therefore it would mean buying a complete new hardware option making redundant hardware that works.

Is there a work around for this, it may mean creating a decimal point in stock units, something like this:

Customer fills bag with 180g of X which sells at 20p/100g. Item is weighed at checkout point and product found on EPOS. EPOS then asks to key in amount = 36p.

Having entered the amount EPOS then realises the customer has in fact bought 1.8 units of the product adjusts the stock control accordingly and the cost price, as this is also 1.8 times the unit price.

Or alternatively an extra box is required in the product screen for "Sell by Weight" and when this is checked, the weight can be entered as the stock amount and then at the sales screen instead of entering "enter price when scanned " another button "enter weight when scanned" which Actinic uses to convert into a price so as in the case above it would multiply 20p x 180g and display 36p, (The weight could then also be printed on a receipt). it may need an option to set the "sales units" i.e. 100g 1kg etc. or multiples +/_ thereof.

The latter would enable me to set a minimum weight before re-ordering and instead of having to manually check 100's of stock items each time I need to order I could make full use of the system and probably save about 6 hours a week.

Comment

Loyalty Cards

Sorry I feel like I'm hogging this thread at present.

Is it possible to look at an option to fully customise the design of the loyalty card within the system - I'm aware that you can add a picture (either customer, logo or whatever). I personally would like to be able to add my logo in a place I choose, add my address and telephone number, (great for encouraging telephone orders which adds to customer loyalty aspect), add a.n.other picture I'd like to add some of my own wildlife photo's to make them more memorable to customers and finally change the size (inc custom size).

Lastly, from experience running a sheet of labels through a printer to print one label will leave a grey mark on the sheet which after several run throughs will make the sheet unusable (particularly in reading barcodes), could there be a batch process similar to ticket printing where several could be undertaken together.

Comment

Working...
                                X